Why do animals die?

by ezekiel3 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

If you ever get the chance to go to an art museum that has a painting by the French artist, Georges Seurat, you'll stand back and see magnificent scenes of brilliant color, vivid detail and enchanting figures of interest.

You'll say, "That is a fine scene with people enjoying themselves in the park on Sunday---oh, look! A pet monkey!"

But, don't just stand there. Get closer. Go on.....walk right up to the painting and get a much closer look.

Put your nose a few inches away from the canvas. What do you see now? The scenes and the people and the monkey have all vanished, haven't they?

Yes, there are only little dots of pure color. Mere dots. What happened to the people? Where is the monkey? Why are there only itty bitty colored dots hugging each other?

Is this a painting or a canvas filled with hundreds of thousands of dots?

Like most things, it depends on how you want to view it and what "meaning" you wish to attach and what context you're standing in.

The life of man and monkey, ape and snail, fruitfly and badger is no different from a painting by Georges Seurat. We are vivid and colorful and create a interesting scene. But, we are all made of dots.

You can call them atoms or quarks or quirks--it matters not. We are all made of the same elements. And the TRUTH of life and death is in how those dots are put together; side by side.

Our planet, Earth, is a large playchest with building blocks. The forces of nature, sunlight, gravity, chemistry, physics shuffle these blocks around. The dots, side by side, are like arrangements of blocks. For a little while they are a stegosaurus and for another while they are disassembled. Then parts of those blocks become a Sequoia tree, a cigarette, a skunk's kidney stone and even a booger in the nose of an Alaskan fisherman.

Arrangements of colored dots. Assemblies of blocks. Atomic alignments. Cells, molecules.....it is all the same thing.

Life and death: what are they?

Arrangements. Happenings. Casual alignments. Temporary fluxes. Sometimes they flux me and sometimes they flux you.

So, you see--it matters not whether man or beast. We are tinker toys all. Enjoy your moment on life's canvas. But, don't be selfish with your colored dots. We all make way for the next painting, the next pile of blocks the next organism.

I tell my children, as we crouch before a field of wild flowers dazzling the swishing grasses under an umbrella of brilliant blue sky: "These are our destiny. We are earth and flower and cloud and wind. When we pass we dissolve like sugar in cups of cherry Kool-aid. We are swallowed by the beauty of the soil. We are delicious! And we are free to become......and become we shall. Anything, everything and all."

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Terry: Toucher! I wonder how many on this board have such a humble ego.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Terry;

I like it...A stegasaurus bugger.

You kids must love it when you tell stories. Very colorful and full of food for thought.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Terry: I love your posts ..although you talk here of the destiny of the human body, which like everything else 'goes back to the dust'. What about the human mind, the spirit , some would call it the soul. That is what makes us different from other creatures. What is the "You" that we mean when we ask"What happens to you when you die?"

Why do animals die when they do not sin? I asked that when I was a small boy, and the answers I was given are no more valid now than they were then. It all goes to show that the concept of "Everlasting life on earth" is just not viable, not sensible.. Maybe that is why 99% of the population reject J W's . Phew! what hard territory!!

• Terry
    Terry

The human mind.........

Is it the ghost in the machine?

Or.....................is it the alligator shape of a stratus cloud?

What is a cloud but water molecules with light bouncing off a certain way; and we below look up to see an alligator?!

There is no alligator.

The cloud.....is it THERE or is it only a becoming/slowly unbecoming?

Shuffle a deck of cards and flip five over and look at them. By themselves they aren't much but waxed cardboard with symbols. But, in a poker game for high stakes those arrangements can be feast or famine.

We are a poker hand. We are a cloud. We are something that wasn't, then is and then isn't anymore. You might say we are in transition. But, our minds wake up out of the slumber of nothingness and suddenly BECOME. That state of BEING sees the nothing of yesterday and the certainty of nothing in some dim tomorrow and shrieks! What? No ME tomorrow?

What is the mind? It is the voice that asks the question : "What is the mind?"

Where does the mind come from? There is no :FROM. There are just cards dealt on a table in space. There are water molecules hanging in an August sky bedazzled by the lingering sun in its combustible journey toward oblivion.

Who am I? I am Mr. NOW. Yesterday I was Mr. Was. Tomorrow I'm Mr. Maybe

The mind reads the symbols on the waxed cardboard and bets $500 bucks.

The mind sees alligators circling heaven.

The mind calls itself "I" and shrieks at the darkness of "not I".

We are a phenomenon among many. This particular phenomenon is very attached to seeing itself in the mirror and lingering upon that illusion. It craves permanence. But, in so doing, we deny that unknown something down the road its chance to come into being. How? Well, we are its parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit