Why do animals die?

by ezekiel3 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

ballistic: yes, I would agree. DNA proves we are just a mite off of any other mammal.

I am still figuring this out for myself, but I am having a hard time rationalising a God that would permit animal suffering as a tenant of his original design...unless that is just the way it is...

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby: You are close to target, but according to Romans, death is from sin, not from abstaining from magic fruit.

There was a thread started by schizm awhile back in which he asked the question....."how do we know Adam and Eve did not eat from the Tree BEFORE man sinned? Actually there is no scripture that states he didn't eat from this Tree UNTILL god placed the angel there to prevent it. His thought was,.... it was the "fruit" from the tree that gave life, and sin caused god to prevent them from eating of that fruit.

The problem with this idea is that it would mean "sin" was 'in' man when created( although not yet commited) .....and the fruit was the cure.

BTW.....excellent question and thread!

Gumby

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

jgnat: the turtle reference is valid, but even these ancient creatures die at about 75 - 200 years. So they live longer. On the other hand baby turtles live less than a day: only a few out of a hatch of 100 make it to sea. http://www.earthtrust.org/wlcurric/turtles.html Sounds like cheap meat to me.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I always figured that animals died, simply because, nature needs them to.

If humans lived forever or grew old and died, nature would still need complex biomolecules fed into the ecosystem to sustain itself. Plants need nutrients from soil, and these must be continuously be replenished. The answer: dead animals.

• larc
    larc

Animals die because everything dies, including people, animals, trees, and garden plants in the fall frost. That is the way it is.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The great paradox of dying. Tombstone How organisims so wonderful,that they can produce themselves at all in the first place... Crawling Baby

Then,be incapable of sustaining themselve's in perfect condition forever!

The onset and onrush of middle age for Jdub apocalyptic cult survivors is heavy.It is for me,it's crushing! AARP

I have done a lot of R+D on this study.It's late and I gotta go.

Garden variety snapping turtles, live 300 years and the females can still produce viable eggs. Turtle

Hint,slow metabolism.The common house fly Fly expends 2000% more energy per body mass and burns out in 7 days.

I'll be baaaaak..good nite friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

This is one of the "provables" in the universe.

Everything dies: people, animals, insects, bacteria, viruses, moths, slugs, stars, galaxies...everything.

Death is the greatest and lowest common denominator of existence.

Not to be depressing, but that's how it is, eh?

Unless, of course, we allow for life after death.

• larc
    larc

Onacruse, if there is life after death, it should be reserved for dogs and cats, and perhaps some other critters. People don't deserve it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

larc:

if there is life after death, it should be reserved for dogs and cats, and perhaps some other critters. People don't deserve it.

Whoa! You, as the very first person that welcomed me to this db , well, in return, this post from you makes me think. What do you think about life after death? Does your own impending death scare you? Sincerely, Craig

• Mac
    Mac

Why do animals live?

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit