Why do animals die?

by ezekiel3 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Itr is a bit misleading when we read that turtles don't age. It fact they do like everything else. It seems however that the process is delayed because of a production of telemorase in youth that protects the chromosomes through a greater number of divisions. In one study a breed of small turtle at 25 years old had expended about half it's telemorase chain. IOW they were aging and will die of old age if they don't sucumb to other threats first. Evolution worked out different different genetic models simply thru trial and error. Turtles don't reach sexual maturity until quite old. Thisn plus the poor odds of survival in hatchlings seems to have struck a balance that meant turtles live longer than mammels of similar body weight. What is exciting is that this MAY have some value in extending human lifespan by introducion of genes that stimulate telemorase production in fetuses and young, effectively extending lifespan to the hundreds.

Don't believe everything written. Especially when it's sensational like living forever.

• onacruse
    onacruse

mac, why do you live?

Craig (of the "old days" class)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Talking about longevity, how in heck do so many GB linger on into their 90s???? What are they taking in Brooklyn?

• Mac
    Mac

From now on it's turtle soup for me..three days a week minimum...and elephant ears!!!!!!!!

mac, supplement class

• Mac
    Mac

I kinda miss "Craig of the old days'!!!

mac

• noko
    noko
    If humans die because of inheriting Adam and Eve's sin, why do animals die? Were animals created imperfect?

A secondary question is: If animals are indeed programmed to die, why are they often born with defects or succumb to premature death because of disease? Are not these same conditions listed as symptoms of imperfect humans?

The prince of this world is Satan. In the garden two choices was presented, life and death. Death was represented by Satan while Christ represents life. This world belongs to Satan and the things in it. The Bible states Jehovah created the Garden of Eden in the Bible while chapter one of Genesis uses 'elohiym (el-o-heem') which many Bibles translate into God but the meaning may mean (plural)

1. rulers, judges
    2. divine ones
    3. angels
    4. gods

Inside the Garden of Eden Jehovah created, who created outside the garden then? The world we live in? Then again who is the father of death?

Adam made a choice which lead us to inherit death, a world of death we took beholding good and evil, outside the garden of eden.

• Mac
    Mac

And sometimes they die for failure to check yer rear view mirror...

poor Boxtop!

mac

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The prince of this world is Satan. In the garden two choices was presented, life and death. Death was represented by Satan while Christ represents life. This world belongs to Satan and the things in it. The Bible states Jehovah created the Garden of Eden .... who created outside the garden then? The world we live in? Then again who is the father of death?

My gosh, it's so easy to slip into quasi-gnosticism. Just replace "Satan" with "Demiurge"....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I never quite understood how man's fall could produce as a result instability etc. in animal life ..... All animals lived in perfect harmony (how come you find fish fossils with smaller fish remains inside of them?), then man err, and his hunting etc. bring about changes in animal behaviour. Hmmm. I don't see how man's fall could bring about change in the shark's behaviour. What did it do before Adam did eat? Baby sitting for seals?

I spoke with LDS missionaries - they claim all animals will be resurrected. When I responded that would mean a h%ยค& of a lot of mice, worms and flies etc., they just smiled a bit reluctantly and said that yes, they would all come back.

Or did animals like the lion, shark,snake etc. only eat dead or dying animals before man's fall? Like scavengers?

We've got puppies now. Man, would I like them to live forever .............

• sleepy
    sleepy

There are a lot of animals that age very very slowly,(these are maily fish,invertabrates and turtles) and are not known to die of old age but rather having an accident and then becoming vunerable to hunting.These often are the animals that grow the largest as they continue to grow until they die.Many sea creatures are very diffucult to age as they don't show signs of ageing ,you have to judge by their size.
    Many of these could live for hundreds of years if not hunted.
    Scientists are still sresearching the mechanisums that alow this to happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit