Why do animals die?

by ezekiel3 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    This is one of the "provables" in the universe. Everything dies

It can't be proven until we have seen everything in the universe and confirmed that nothing is immortal. lol

• logical
    logical

Animals are as much aware of their existance as we are of ours. They have the same spirit as humans. They experience emotions, which is quite evident from dogs, who are happy when their owner returns home, and know they have done bad when the shit on the carpet, and cower in fear when you go to rub their nose in it.

I think that if animals ever were immortal like humans were supposed to be, the reason they are not now is because that if they remained immortal and humans were cursed, then eventually humans would find the secret to why the animals dont age and die through genetics and fix humans. And then the evil "elite" people will live disease free lives not aging or dying and all the rest of the population would die out.

• dh
    dh
    Animals are as much aware of their existance as we are of ours.

when you go to pick chickens at the market, they know exactly what is up, and the one you kill, screams and screams and screams because it knows its time has come, and the others back away, glad it was not them.

chickens taste nice, that is why they die.

• JH
    JH

Didn't the WTS say that only humans can think of tomorrow and look towards eternity?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just recently Koko the gorilla had a toothache and told her keepers of the pain and they set up her dental surgery and while it happened, her boyfriend gorilla nervously waited outside until it was all over. Koko has told her keepers many times that she wanted children with her boyfriend gorilla.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The only answers I have received from JWs is that animals are suffering from man's effects on the planet.

You're right. That is a totally lame answer. The way our world is set up, this planet would be totally screwed if no animals died of natural causes and predators ate only vegetation.

Lions and in fact all predators would starve to death. With all predators dead that animals they kill for food would have no natural enemies. They would then keep reproducing and consuming all vegetation, at which point they would all starve to death.

With no vegetation left, humans would all starve to death. After the vultures consumed all the dead animals and humans, THEY would starve to death.

Only cockroaches would remain. They can live through anything!

Farkel

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Only cockroaches would remain. They can live through anything !

Hey Farkel...Are you talking about the Governing Body again ???

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Thanks all for your posts. What I learned here is that:

All animals experience from old age, death and sometimes disease. For that matter all living things do also including plants and insects.

Humans are only smart enough to think that they are somehow exempt from this, and thus invent whole religions/gods/ideals to explain it away.

And that no one here could present a logical answer to my hypothesis: that we are made this way. What does that mean to you?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ezekiel3...any species that lived forever would soon exhaust it's environment or be unable to compete with other species that adapt to the ever changing environment. IOW evolution actually favors species that live long enough to reproduce (and nurture offspring to self sufficiency when needed) then pass away.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Hey Exekial3: You ask the question what is the difference between humans and animals. I was always taught that being made in God's image is what makes us different, and sin is what makes us no better than the animals, hence we suffer the same fate. I dont know how true that statement is, after all I will only live for a short period of time in the never ending stream on knowledge and understanding. I imagine most of us will never know the truth about the origin of life and death. Maybe we cant handle the truth. :)

Another interesting thread I would love to see is about dinosaurs. Why would God create a species of animals and then allow them to be destroyed. Obviously man did not destroy them. Maybe I will start that thread. I think I will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit