Me:

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

My Work is not Yet Done by Thomas Ligotti

Survivor by Chuck Pahlaniuk

Arab and Jew by David Shipler

Eye in the Sky by Philip K. Dick

The Economist and Entertainment Weekly

The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe by Lynne McTaggart

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

The Time Travelers Wife by

Time Traveler's Wife
    Audrey Niffenegger
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Larger view
    alt
    Hardcover, September 2003
    Other Formats: Hardcover | Paperback | Audio | Compact Disc | Library Binding - Large Print
    alt
    skip to cart
    alt Search For Used Copies
    Used copies of this title may be offered by our network of book dealers.

Thunder Riders Ascension (manuscript )by Chris Madonia

Touch Dance (manuscript) by Scot Isom

Plodding thru the Second Manuscript of Hitler (HE was a nut)

• Terry
    Terry

Excellent choices all! Cormack McCarthy--yes. I'll bet you found him by way of Harold Bloom. Am I wrong?

I'm reading:

SECRET ORIGINS OF THE BIBLE by Tim Callahan

(Callahan writes for Skeptic Magazine too)

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Proclaimers of God's Kingdom by Satan

APOCALYPSES by Eugen Weber (Prophesies, Cults, and Millennial Beliefs through the ages)

THE JESUITS by Malachi Martin (The Society of Jesus and the Betrayal of the Roman Catholic Church)

The ANCIENT HISTORIANS by Michael Grant

The IDEAS OF AYN RAND by Ronald E. Merrill

SHADOW ON THE SUN BY Richard Matheson

Seven books at a time? Well, it is a rather bad habit I developed as a teenager. I force myself to read only one chapter of each at a time so that I can use the easy books as an enticement to force me to read the hard books.

Great topic!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I also read several books at once - something for every mood.

Right now, I'm reading:

Diary by Chuck Palahniuk (Preston, Survivor is great. Have you read Choke? That's my favorite so far.)

Oblivion by David Foster Wallace

Bushwhacked by Molly Ivins

The Way to Love by Anthony DeMello

The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

and I traded in my WT/Awake subscriptions six years ago for Vanity Fair and Playboy, so I've always got a magazine when I'm in the mood for something a little lighter.

• Celia
    Celia

alt Holy Blood, Holy Grail, Michael Baigent (?) Just found it in a used book store, and I can't wait to start. Sounds very exciting.

Just finished L'affaire, Diane Johnson (?) alt

The Mormon Murders... alt

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm only reading one book, at present, but I too often have strings of them going at the same time, especially if one or two are a bit dry. Right now I'm reading The Riverman, by Robert Keppel. Here's from the back cover:

"In November 2001, after almost 2 decades of investigation, Gary Leon Ridgway was apprehended as the notorious Green River Killer who was suspected in at least forty-nine homicides. But the most startling aspect of the case would not be how Ridgway was captured, but the identity of the man who helped authorities end his reign of bloodshed: then-death row inmate Ted Bundy, one of the most twisted psychopathic murderers in American history."

I have read Bundy's story before, but this is sort of a different twist on it. Plus it's interesting to get some of the pathology as well as insight into the profiling process. I don't read "true crime" books a lot, but there are some authors that I do watch for, Ann Rule is one.

I need to get a good science fiction book again, I love good science scenarios.

Sherry

• Bryan
    Bryan

SuperFoods Rx by Steven Pratt MD & Kathy Mathews

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I read the Lynne McTaggart book, I thought it was really interesting.

I am currently reading:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Salman Rushdie

Getting to Yes, Ury and Fischer

Berlin Stories, Christopher Isherwood

Gala

Premiere

• bem
    bem

"A Year By The Sea" Thoughts of an unfinished woman Author- Joan Anderson

A bit from the back page: Life is a work in progress,as ever-changing as a sandy shoreline along the beach.. During the years Joan Anderson was a loving wife and supportive mother, she had slowly and uncosciosly replaced her own dreams with the needs of her family.....like many women in her situation,Joan realized she had neglected to nurture herself......

This year of self - discovery brought about extraordinary changes in the author's life. Helping women learn to reveal and release untapped resources within themselves.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Sacred Hoops by Phil Jackson

Positive Energy by Judith Orloff

Practicing His Presence by Brother Lawrence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit