They broke ground on my new house!!! :D

by Elsewhere 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks for the link Valis!

Amazing! Just today one of my co-workers suggested that very same book!

Hey, you gonna be at home this evening? I might wanna drop by with a Sheparding Call.

• undercover
    undercover

Congrats on the new house. Looks like a nice neighborhood.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Ohh looks very nice. I am looking at plans for a new house too! Of course it will be years... This must be so exciting for you.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

WoW! How terribly exciting for you Else! I'm sure you will be very proud for some time. Congratulations, I'm sure you've worked very hard for it. I remember when we bought our home before it was built. We were up at the construction site every other day. Take lots of before and after pics. They are fun to have, like before they install the tub and such. One thing about model homes though, we didnt buy ours with any of the upgrades, so we had seen the beautiful model home, and then when it came time to move in to the house it was nothing but white walls and linoleum floors. It was alot of work, but so much fun to add our own upgrades :) If you need any help decorating, I have my certificate in Interior Design and Space Planning.

BTW, looks like next year's fest will be at your house huh?

• Makena1
    Makena1

Congratulations Elsewhere! Very happy for you!

We built a custom house 6 years ago. For the most part, a very exciting experience. Since construction site was only 2 miles from our old house, I was there just about everyday watching the progress. Once they started framing - it really took shape before our eyes.

Enjoy!

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Congrats, Elsewhere!!!

The model homes are beautiful. Will yours be brick, too?

It is an exciting time.

Kat

• onacruse
    onacruse

Oh, oh...a corner lot!!! Fantastic

Now you can sit on the porch, smoke cigars, toss beer cans at the pedestrians, and spit loogies on the stray cats and dogs that wander by.

That is what they do in Texas, right?

We're glad for ya, dude! Somewhere down the road, hopefully in the not-too-distant future, Kate and I will be getting a home too.

Craig

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Very, very nice, Elsewhere! I work close to Euless and it is a great area. Congratulations and many happy years in your new home. Be sure to keep us updated on the building progress. We could have a landscaping party!

Theresa

• Sassy
    Sassy

Looks great Elsewhere! Reminds me of a house my friend had in Round Rock, TX.. I loved that house.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks everyone!!!

Now you can sit on the porch, smoke cigars, toss beer cans at the pedestrians, and spit loogies on the stray cats and dogs that wander by.

Actually, I plan on retiring as one of those grumpy old farts who sits on his porch in an old wooden rocking chair with a shotgun loaded with rock-salt... yelling and taking pot-shots at the neighborhood kids who steel from my fruit trees. Ahhh yes.... paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit