IS IT TRUE & SHOULD WE OBEY IT?

by gdt 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    And in the final analysis, what would the Creator want for us all to do?

The creator hasn't personally told me what he wants me to do, so he can honk on bobo for all I care.

....oops, I didn't say something nice. The creator can....um.... honk on bobo.

• little witch
    little witch

What a bogus arguement complete with phoney backup. Said it before, say it again...this person(s) is disengenuous.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Myelaine, I am not sure I would characterize the deep grief sometimes expressed here as "wallowing in self pity." Remember, Hannah was mistaken for drunk when she poured out her grief to God. It seems God listened, and repaired the rift in her heart. I chose to be generous with those in pain. Most here do walk on and grow out of their experience, at least that is my perception.

GDT, I was wondering if you noticed that you used three "trigger" words in your header?

TRUE - subjective and evaluative. The Watchtower society uses declarations of TRUTH to control the behavior of their members, preventing them from seeing shades of meaning.

SHOULD - I find the JW life circumscribed with so many SHOULD's that many have lost touch with their natural affections. Again, because of my peculiar background, I celebrate my ability to feel the appropriate emotion at the correct time. For so many years, I suppressed my natural tendencies in order to accommodate my abuser.

OBEY - XJW's correct me if I am wrong; but doesn't that word feel like a chain around your neck, the heavy hand of discipline, dragging you down? Obedience to the vital Christian life should not be burdensome, that yoke is light. Only lawgivers lay out burdens Jesus never intended us to carry.

I will not apologize for anger if it is for the right reason and is expressed correctly. I would apologize if in my anger, I injured someone.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

jgnat - AWESOME observation!!!

gdt - I also gave some thought to your post. It seems to have gotten under my skin. Sometimes people ask questions when they really have a statement to make - and I wonder if you did that with your post. (Yes - that was an example of what I am talking about.) I see from your post number you are still relatively new here -- but I imagine by now you know exactly what type of forum this is, who's here and the general nature of discussion that goes on. So my question is, if you find it offensive, why stay? My next question or observation is - I wonder if your discomfort stems from being aligned with an organization that has caused so much intense pain and grief? Why else would you tell us to "talk nice or shut up." (Just my interpretation of "If you can't say anything nice...)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, bubbmar. I am making allowances for gdt, as I believe he is living with one foot out and one foot in the society. Can this board accommodate those still sorting out watchtowerese from independent thought?

• Satanus
    Satanus

gdt

the need to identify wrongdoers, to the correct authorities who can accept responsibility for action

Yes but, is it not to god that vengence belongs. Why does he do nothing, always, all the time. Have you seen one time where god took vengence for somebody else?

S

• avishai
    avishai

If you can't say anything nice about someone, make sure they are out of the room.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Have you seen one time where god took vengence for somebody else?

Satanus,

We are all supposed to be waiting expectantly for just such an event!

love michelle.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think that was kind of the point Satanus was trying to make, myelaine. We're still waiting. Should bullies run free, unhindered and unrestrained?

Here's a bible study question for you. What were the cities of refuge intended for?

• myelaine
    myelaine

jgnat, the cities of refuge were intended to service as a dwelling place for the Hebrews in an era when most of the earth did not recognise that there was a true God. There came a time when Hebrews moved on.

Yes this sight can be likened to a city of refuge, It helps people come to terms with what they have done with their lives. Yes there is a lot of grieving to be done, it hurts to know that you were deceived and may have deceived others but, like the Hebrews, They have to move on and keep walking with God. And if they are unsure of how walking with God is done, Look at Jesus, what would He do?

I'm sorry that I have offended.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit