IS IT TRUE & SHOULD WE OBEY IT?

by gdt 41 Replies latest jw friends

• gdt
    gdt

My mother said 'if you can't say anything good about anyone (thing), don't say anything bad'!

True? A lot would need to change in our comments and attitudes, surely.

False? Let's keep up the rage.....

And in the final analysis, what would the Creator want for us all to do?

I sincerely want to hear your feedback on this principle.

Cheers, gdt.

• logical
    logical

It makes sense... saying bad things about people only winds them up more, and causes trouble. Better to try to keep that stuff to yourself although its not always easy.

God, Christ would, and have, say the same thing. Summed up in treating others how you want to be treated really.

• avengers
    avengers
    saying bad things about people only winds them up more, and causes trouble. Better to try to keep that stuff to yourself although its not always easy.

Unless ofcourse these people are psychopaths and/or pedophiles. It's not good to keep the knowledge of such
    people to yourself.

But as I gather from your post you are talking about "normal" people. lol

You might think I'm kidding, but I know for a fact that there are really bad people outthere.
    I don't want to scare you, but lots of people are still naive in their thinking.

One of the best breeding places for a prospective sociopath (in spe) is the environment in which the witnesses dwell.
    And so as to quote them from their own bible: "She has become a home for demons
    and a haunt for every evil [1] spirit,
    a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird."

I regret to say that in my time as a witless I have seen elders commit fornication, families which were bulging of incest,
    pedophiles and as one of the things which hurts the most, even psychopaths or as others say; sociopaths. (plus much more)

I have felt the danger of these people firsthand and that's why I'm sticking out my neck to warn you.

So if you know of these predators then don't hesitate to open your mouth. But do not go to the elders,
    but go to the FBI or similar.

So, it would depend on who you would say anything bad about.
    Who you say it to is also important, and the motive with which you say it.

My mother said 'if you can't say anything good about anyone (thing), don't say anything bad'!

True? A lot would need to change in our comments and attitudes, surely. False? Let's keep up the rage.....

True or false is so black and white. I would never say anything bad about my Mom,
    but I can turn around and tell you some real bad stuff about somebody else.

These are just my 2 $ 0. 01.

Andy

• logical
    logical

Is exposing people like pedo's or other horrible crimes saying bad things about them though? I dont think it is in the correct context.

• greven
    greven
    'if you can't say anything good about anyone (thing), don't say anything bad'

Ask her is this priciple also applies to Satan / Adolf Hitler / The Catholic Church / Apostates etc etc. If not why not?

Seriously, if my car is a piece of shit I will call it that. That I can't say anything good about it is even more reason --not less-- to say so.

Greven

• badboy
    badboy

Avenger,why are the jws a good envirement for pscvhopaths?

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Well, here's what Ez 13:21 says :

"I will tear off your veils and rescue my people from your power so that they shall no longer be prey to your hands. Thus you shall know that I am the Lord."

Are you suggesting that one should never vent anger/pain about being lied to and decieved? One should not expose abuse in order to help stop it? One should not seek out support?

I would say I agree in that if elders can not say anything nice about you from the podium - they should definitely not announce that you are being thrown out to satan and all of your friends and family should not say so much as a kindly hello to you. You are right on that account.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    And in the final analysis, what would the Creator want for us all to do?

We should follow his example, yes?

Perhaps as when Jesus consistently and relentlessly pointed out the Pharisees' lies and how they hurt innocent people by their teachings? I don't recall many positive statements made by Jesus about what, at that time, was Jehovah's one, "true" organization. Or the very angry statements made by God through the prophets in the Old Testament toward his 'spirit directed organization'. Betrayal of a promise seemed to cause God to vent his anger through pages and pages of "posts" that would later become the Bible.

Surely the Creator understands human psyche, and the very real psychological need to debrief after a traumatic experience. Finding out one has been lied to about the Bible and about God is surely worth a little anger before moving on with life. Surely the Creator would not want people who were betrayed to stuff their anger, after all he didn't.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

quote from Jesus:

?Woe to YOU , scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men?s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. "

?Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are YOU to flee from the judgment of Ge·hen´na? "

Good example of Jesus saying not so nice things to people. Sometimes, a spade has to be called a spade....

And now I notice that Big Tex beat me to the punch on this point.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hell... look at how Jehover rags on Satan all the time... maybe he needs to listen to your advise.

Hmmm, of course from the WTS perspective, the fact that Jehover does not use the "say nothing bad" philosophy it's origins must be with Satan in an attempt to conceal his evil!

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" -- Clearly a satanic verse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit