Local Elder Comes By My Work & He Left Looking Discouraged!

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

OMG,

I can remember calling folks or visiting those who had stopped going to meetings. Usually it was after we got admonition to help the weak or inactive ones. I know got some harsh responses, most did not want anyone bothering them. I have to say I was sincere thinking that a little encouragement would bring them back to the KH.

Lordy Lordy, now I understand completey why JW who have become inactive don't want visits, they just want to be left alone and fade out. LOL Wished I'd known that before. But when your on the other side of the fence you just don't even consider there could be a reason for people to want to escape. I know I didn't. I though people just got overwhelmed with life, and wanted to be helped to return to the sheep fold. LOL LOL Isn't that so ignorant and blind of me to have felt that way. Oh goodness I am so glad to be disfellowshipped and so glad no one visits me or wants me to come back.

Ruth

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

This is what happened with friends of mine. Really long story, bottom line the elders felt they had been stumbled because of something that involved one of their children. They left them alone for a year. When their child left for college they thought they would start attending meetings again. Most likely in a different congregation. When that did not happen the elders starting making their rounds. At first they acted all concerned and loving. You know the drill. They also started asking lots of questions. The more vague the parents got the more agressive the elders became. Soon they were coming to their house EVERY week always at a different time. Early on Saturday morning, dinner time, and on holidays. When they did not answer the door they would say "I know your in there". They even started to suspect that their family members were spying on them and looking for apostate literature (ones that had access to their house). It was CRAZY!! After the holiday season was over they finally gave up for a little while. Then that summer they started coming around for about a month and gave up again. Then they got a Thanksgiving and Christmas visit. I would never have put up with that. They are very timid but the best people you could ever meet. They are still not DF'd or DA'd. When the youngest left home they moved.

• minimus
    minimus

If I started getting stalked by the elders, I would tell them not to approach me any longer or they would get a restraining order on them.

• Soledad
  • unbeliever
    unbeliever

My opinion only but even though they knew the witness religion was bullshit I think they were still intimidated by the elders. They were also afraid of being shunned by their elderly parents. They felt it was in their best interest to avoid the elders at all costs and ride it out.

• FallGirl
    FallGirl

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm enjoying getting caught up on the lingo. Took me forever to find the thread, but well worth it. Minimus (hope that's right) I want to be like you when I grow up. This fading stuff is hard work, hopefully the stare will work.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

mini ; i'm glad to see that you and i see eye to eye . when it comes to being pressured as i posted some time before. i did call the cops on the jw's coming to my wife's house . while i let them think they were giving me a study. i called the cops and the cops fill out a harrassement report. and told the jw's if they came back , i would go to court and get a restraining order. it's the most effective way to get them out of your hair before and or after you have it out with them. the choice is yours or any other faders when you get fed up with them. the best part is while you have then in your house and excuse your self for a few minutes. the call to 911 is free. and the results of the cops showing up to ask them to leave and file a report is most embarrasing. this works especially well for the timid who can't handle the elders, let the law do it for you. john

• minimus
    minimus

Having the cops come is surely a good way of "getting them out of your hair".

• amac
    amac
    the best part is while you have then in your house and excuse your self for a few minutes. the call to 911 is free.

Except that 911 is for life threatening emergencies, unfortunately it gets flooded with calls that are not emergencies all the time...better to call the police station directly...

• minimus
    minimus

911 is a way of getting in contact with the police in an emergency. It sounds like it was to johnny cip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit