Local Elder Comes By My Work & He Left Looking Discouraged!

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This elder decided to make a visit on his own. I should've told him all sorts of crazy things and then when confronted---deny it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Now THAT would have been boxing clever

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    BTW, I own the place,

hehe... I bet that realllllly gets to them.... someone who's a successful entrepreneur with employees and can think for themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

I aint's no dummy!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Min, I like the fact that you didn't answer every one of his questions, as they were too personal. JW's feel this prying "need to know everything" about you..........I hate that!!!

The ball was definitely in your "court"...congrats

Codeblue

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Codeblue. I do understand the elder mentality. They really don't know how to handle it when you say, "No, I'm NOT going to talk about it". They'll have to be trained at a future school so as to give a response.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The "authority" mentality creeps in. They expect you HAVE to answer them, when you've abley demonstrated that you don't.

Good for you!

• minimus
    minimus

dem bastards!

• FallGirl
    FallGirl

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, but wanted to add that I got several calls last night too. I have recently started to "stray" so that Watchtower study had them calling me too. It's interesting how things work out...like someone said, only during a study like that, or the CO's visit do you matter.

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone.

FallGirl

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME FALLGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit