Question... Do JWs shun Family?

by Sassy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Atilla
    Atilla

Growing up, I knew many cases even in our own KH where the daughter or son was totally shunned until they repented or came back. Now that being said, I have gone to the extreme and by all cases, my parents should no longer talk to me. However, I hold several trump cards. First of all, I have a young child who my parents love and they know better than to cross my "worldly" wife. Secondly, my brother is also not a dub anymore, so it's just them and they don't have many friends at the KH.

Thus, I have been able to pursue a policy of total anti-JWism. In the last month, I have called up the missionary couple who converted my parents and gave them hell for teaching my parents that crap and I have also hunted down many of my former JW friends and have done some major apostasizing. All of it was done with no consequences and my parents still talk to me just as much. Since I just left 3 years ago and haven't attended meeting since, no one can DF me or even say anything and they know it. The Org. is losing it's power on people.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

How? By avoiding deliberately and keeping away from.

They, the WT, say that by shunning, the person will see the error of his ways.. like tough love.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

However, I hold several trump cards. First of all, I have a young child who my parents love and they know better than to cross my "worldly" wife. Secondly, my brother is also not a dub anymore, so it's just them and they don't have many friends at the KH.

THis is exactly what I was talking about

The Org. is losing it's power on people.

THis is also what I am talking about. People are so tired if they are not the in crowd there is no reason to follow the rules, and the in crowd is shrinking every day. Thanks attila.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

How? By avoiding deliberately and keeping away from.

It said normal family affections and dealings I can't figure out how to avoid them and deal with them.

like tough love.

I know many say tough love. but that means you shunned them before they were out and yes I know JWs do that too.

• gdt
    gdt

Why ask the Pharisees what Jesus did or said? Suggestion - get the 2003 CD rom from the society from your family/friends and check it out yourself.....so many wrong conclusions here I somehow think what is true is not important to so many anymore, just what can be done to make things worse.....just my opinion, gdt.

• Atilla
    Atilla
    Why ask the Pharisees what Jesus did or said? Suggestion - get the 2003 CD rom from the society from your family/friends and check it out yourself

Are you calling us Pharisees, if you are well then thanks I guess. Secondly, how would the WT CD Rom help in this case, shouldn't someone simply look at the Bible and not man made words by a publishing corporation. Look closely at the back of of the WT CD Rom, notice how the Society doesn't guarantee that what once appeared in print will exactly appear the same way of the CD Rom, i.e. they have changed things to cover their butts.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    It said normal family affections and dealings I can't figure out how to avoid them and deal with them.

That quote was speaking about married persons, or those within the household. The 'counsel' is different for those living outside the home or former friends. From the Official Jehovah's Witnesses Media Relations Web Site, August 28, 2003 it states: As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." From the Watchtower 1981 Sept 15 it says: Thus "disfellowshiping" is what Jehovah's Witnesses appropriately call the expelling and subsequent shunning of such an unrepentant wrongdoer. Their refusal to fellowship with an expelled person on any spiritual or social level reflects loyalty to God's standards and obedience to his command. Though Christians enjoy spiritual fellowship when they discuss or study the Bible with their brothers or interested persons, they would not want to have such fellowship with an expelled sinner (or one who has renounced the faith and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, disassociating himself). The expelled person has been 'rejected,' being "self-condemned" because of "sinning," and those in the congregation both accept God's judgment and uphold it. Disfellowshiping, however, implies more than ceasing to have spiritual fellowship.?Titus 3:10, 11.

Paul wrote: "Quit mixing in company . . . , not even eating with such a man." (1 Cor. 5:11) A meal is a time of relaxation and socializing. Hence, the Bible here rules out social fellowship, too, such as joining an expelled person in a picnic or party, ball game, trip to the beach or theater, or sitting down to a meal with him.

.. And we all know from our experience over the years that a simple "Hello" to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?

From Watchtower 1988 April 15: The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man."?1 Corinthians 5:11.

Etc, etc.

So basically, they are told not to associate with df'd ones that live outside the home, regardless if there are any "family affections". Those that do otherwise are breaking JW rules. I wish more would .

I know many say tough love. but that means you shunned them before they were out

The above made no sense to me.. sorry..

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

outside the immediate family circle and home.

SP that qoute I posted was the one from 1988 ap 15. It is newer than the 1981 article. It is used to show the watchtower does not shun family. I assume it is for court battles because it is rearly quoted. It is a softer article.

It said and not or. They have to be outside the house and the immediate family. If it said "or" you would be correct. Friends are not coverd but this thread is about family. The sentance was reprinted in a september 2002 km. So it is still good wahoo! Dont you get it guys? Why dont you care? I mean if i was being shunned I would be waving this like a battle flag. Sorry if i am over reacting. No offense.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum.

This is what they are advocating, having no contact at all or at the most to have a minimal amount of contact.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

DOnt you see it it is a classic watchtower legal bait and switch. Just like fractions.

JW abstain from blood. BLood is sacred. Blood should be poured out. Those who take blood are endagering their relation ship with jehovah. JWs can have all fractions made from blood.

Disfellowshiped people are mocking God. Disfellowshiped people will endagering your relation ship with jehovah. Disfellowshiped people are unrepentant. Disfellowshiped people we must quite mixing with them. Disfellowshiped people they are to be cut off. Disfellowshiped imediate family members and those living in the house hold can enyjoy natural family affection and dealings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit