what is the weirdest counsel you ever received?

by nb-dfed 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

MOST STUPID SAYING BY THE WT$LOL Alert ! 1990 District Convention Providence Rhode Island USA.The same DC that the WT$ said;"Don't get pregnant and have babies cause the end is just sooo close".Family 4 Watchtower commands: DO NOT WATCH THE SIMPSON'S ANIMATED TV SHOW !!! That takes the cake right there. My longstanding favorite is WT$ creedo:"..no matter what Jehover is still using this organization [edited;I recall a discussion driving back to Massachusetts with the Jdub's ,how 'Jehovah say's don't watch bart simpson because that's what jehover wants.Ya know,if wecan't be faithful in these little things how will be faithful in the the big things and stand before jehover in the day of his anger? Nothing I post is made up.]

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Hot Dog!Just remembered,the biggie blooper just before my purge in 1992.

Be Warned!The internet is the tool of satan!

• hybridous
    hybridous

When I was a kid (maybe 12 or 13 years old), there was a small party at my house. Just a few families from the hall. Adults sat & talked & drank coffee, the kids played video games and watched movies.

We watched 'Iron Eagle', for those who are lucky enough to not know, it's a low-calibre 80's movie about fighter jets and such...very dumb, very harmless.

As everyone was leaving, my buddie's elder dad pulled me aside and said something to the effect of...

'Maybe next time watch something that's no so violent.'

It wasn't until much later that I realized the irony of such council when it comes from a man who is well-known throughout the Kingdom Hall to greatly enjoy real-live violence on Autumn Sundays in the form of American Football.

As a kid, all I had to say was 'uh..OK'. Even now, I doubt I'd call him out, I just like the guy too much.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

An elder looking over a new Dodge van a brother purchased: "That brother is weak because he bought a van that had a ram insignia, Don't buy a Dodge Ram....its demonic."

Same elder different day: "We never use brothers that have cable TV, it shows a spiritual weakness."

Here are a couple more given to me by various janitors....

"You cannot read the Watchtower for the congregation unless you wear a white shirt."

"Leather jackets and coats are worldly".

• Mulan
    Mulan
    "That brother is weak because he bought a van that had a ram insignia, Don't buy a Dodge Ram....its demonic."

That reminded me of one of my friends, whose father was the PO. She was a single sister, and drove a Demon. When she bought that car, I was seriously upset. Egads. I needed to get a life..................seriously.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Worldly men should never whisper in your ear cuz it might appear they are kissing you.

• aka_duffy
    aka_duffy

It wan't necessarily counsel, but I spent a couple of weeks sleeping in my car because the elders felt it would build character. My wife had recently left me for another man and without her contributions to the household, I lost the apartment. I had friends who let me put my stuff in their leaky garage, but I had no place to go, evidently I was labeled "do not help" by those who were supposed to be shepherding me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit