what is the weirdest counsel you ever received?

by nb-dfed 36 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Do not drive....... My friend could not drive a 65 year old because of this!

And the 65 year old I drove to KH sat in the back!

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

When I was out in service with an older pioneer sister,we were talking and I said in surprise "Holy Cow"(to whatever we were talking about) and she gave me a lecture how I should not say Holy Cow because cows are not holy,only Jehovah is and that If I said Holy Cow when witnessing to a Hindu I could OFFEND them and blow any chance with them at arranging a bible study.

:)

Ann

• Scully
    Scully

Back in the early 80s, I used to go to the library to look at Glamour magazine and check out the hair styles and decorating ideas and recipes. This one time, I found a hairstyle that I really liked, so I went out and bought the issue from the newsstand, so I could take the pic to the hairstylist and show her what I wanted. (I was a newly dunked JW and scrupulously honest, so it never occurred to me to just rip the pic out of the magazine and save myself the $3.)

Anyway, I had left the magazine out so I could show the picture to my (then) best friend after the book study.** This one older, very opinionated Sister? in our group started scolding me about buying the magazine and even LOOKING at those magazines, because she said Satan was behind all those "trashy" magazines and I would basically end up being a hussy if I kept reading them.

I told her that I'd stop looking at them when the WTS started printing recipes and featuring hairstyles in the Awake! magazine. And I made it my mission to become the "little gypsy" she promised I would become, and started buying every issue of Glamour for the next five years or so. For some reason, I just couldn't get that "hussy" thang going though.

Love, Scully

** [Note: Never show any "friend" a hairstyle that you like before you actually get it done. They usually will go behind your back and get it done first, and then claim that you copied them. The same goes for picking baby names.]

• Iforget
    Iforget

Two instances come to mind....

One when I was 12 and had been molested by my brother-in-law. They asked me in the comittee meeting if perhaps I had flirted with him to cause it.

Two when brothers met with me about my now ex husband. One elder told me that I should dress differently because I was "too pretty" and that I wasn't humble enough.

This from janitors and car salesmen. RIIIIGHT.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

If you're too pretty you deserve to be raped! ............... NOT

• Preston
    Preston

The example in your talk was not simple enough...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I heard that you can get high off of smoking catnip. I smoked it one day, and word got out that I smoked catnip, and then I got councelling for it.

• omegaone
    omegaone

I was single and out "in service" with a single African-American sister and told that I was not to do that.WHY I ASKED? The people in the area might think we were married or ,God forbid, might be dating.Did the peaple in the area give a rat's a#$@ ? This from a religion where prejudice does not exist.Does narrow minded lunacy have any bounds?

• wednesday
    wednesday

not to wear brown eyeshadow for that smokey sexy eye look-if i know it will make me look sexy, i should not wear it.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

nb-dfed, do you have any photos that you could send, lol.

I was counseled for lack of respect for hovas animals because I was killing the coons and possums that were screwing up my house, I told them that next they would get on me for swatting fly's,

I just pulled to a stop sign and lit a nice big don rex stogie, and looked up and yep it was double g drywall, a couple of brothers that are brothers, I could see a head bobbing in the mirror so I know he saw. that was a month ago, and am still waiting,

since I have not been to a meeting in 7 years I think they may feel I have disassociated myself, hope so, I don't want to have to throw them off the property, but if they come they will be told to leave in one min, or be prosecuted for trespassing,

by the way the sisters who are destracting are the only reason I used to go to meetings, so all those women who still go to meetings think of those board guys and wear something a little trashy and give them something to live for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit