what is the weirdest counsel you ever received?

by nb-dfed 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

My husband and I had a committee meeting because of underage drinking. When he was being counseled, the p.o. told my husband that he needed to make me wear different clothes to the meeting because it made some of the brothers unable to concentrate. Sounds like a personal problem to me! Any other weird advice out there?

• Jez
    Jez

After telling the elders about the violent abuse I suffered at the hands of my husband, one elder said to me, "Well, come on, lots of sisters stay with their mates even though they are alcoholics." I said, "BUT HE IS IN JAIL! and is charged with it!!!" The elder said, "Love covers a multitude of sins" I told them all to get out and the next time I spoke to them was at a judicial meeting.

Jez

• Surfacing
    Surfacing

During a shepherding call with me and my wife prior to our marriage, a French Canadian brother went on a bizarre rant in which he brought up medical marijuana and how it was helping people suffering with glaucoma and cancer and somehow applied it to his bible based view of a functional Christian married couple where each partner is able to admit when he/she is wrong.

His words, "if we were wrong about marijuana, what else might we have to admit we were wrong about?"

My wife and I have had many a discussion on this incident since, trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Jez: Sorry about the insensitivity of these basta...

My friend was counseled not to wear black shirts. My wife was told not to wear boots to service.

I was counseled not to hold hands with my then girlfriend, until we were engaged (now my wife)

lets. see............ Ooooh, If I was to read the WT in the congreg. I was to read it 4 times at home!

• Mac
    Mac

Warned by an elder while monkeyhousing at the Hall that "flicking' could lead to homosexuality!!

mac

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Flicking an ear?

I tell you what, in my wife's hall the "walker" elder flirts with all the pretty girls, then counsels brothers on the dangers of immorality. That elder is married and has 3 kids!

• Mac
    Mac

Yeppers...an ear, an arm..didn't matter. Any same sex flicking, LOL!

mac

• Confucious
    Confucious

Using a stamp with an American Flag on it.

I said, "Well, what about money??? It ALSO has an American Flag on it."

I was told, "Well, THERE you have a choice."

But not really.

There are some coins that don't have a flag on it.

So technically, you could stop using money and use only coins...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

during the ONE elder visit after my ex cheated with my 17 yr old sister , and i was of course frantic and didnt know what to do. i was bawling that ex was threatening to kill himself and Elder 1 said tell him to slice his wrist vertically not horizontally.

lotta help huh?

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    if we were wrong about marijuana, what else might we have to admit we're wrong about..."

does that mean that you're allowed to smoke weed, as long as you admit it's wrong? or does it mean that, for every time you and your wife fight and one of you admit you're wrong, you can have a celebratory toke?

true bethelite for real, ask Freddie Franz!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit