What would you do?

by FMZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

In 1964 Dave and I and our two month old baby were on a not well traveled, mountain road, far from home, traveling to visit his relatives in Oregon. It was snowing, at night, and we broke down. We were frantic. A car pulled up behind us and it was an older man, his wife and daughter. They wanted to help us, by taking me and the baby to their home, and then getting the truck moving again.

We made the decision to go. It turned out well. They were good people, who fed us, put us up for the night, and they even had a crib for the baby. The husband took Dave into town to an all night garage for mechanic's help.

Considering how it may have gone, scares me to death, but this one turned out well thanks to some very good people. Times were a bit different 40 years ago, but hitchiking was still dangerous.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

NPY:

I'll pick you up. <gets out hotel baggage cart>

Country Grille

• Golf
    Golf

I'll back up littletoe's view.

Guest 77

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I think you were quite noble. Yes, as LT said, it was risky. But, as Nina said, you followed your heart. Something told you this was the right thing to do and you listened.

I just had an encounter with a noble man. I was driving down Central Expressway during rush hour traffic on my way home. As will happen in rush hour traffic, we had slowed to a standstill. I'm near Downtown (Ross Ave exit for you Dallasites) when as I move forward I hear this THBUMP...THBUMP....THBUMP. Now, this is a very busy interchange with several lanes merging this way and that way. There are overpasses and the like, so you can imagine it's pretty noisy. Once again, we at a stand still as will happen this time of day. As I begin to move forward again, you guessed it, THBUMP...THBUMP...THBUMP.

Being familiar with that sound, I realize now that it's me and I have a flat in the middle of one of the busy parts of town with just enough shoulder to put the car. Ah, life is good (please take note of the sarcasm). As I hit the hazard signal button, I look up and there is someone pulling over and backing up. Once again, my guardian is watching out for me.

Suffice it to say, that I got out of a big mess because of the kindness of a stranger.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit