What would you do?

by FMZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

eh I've hitchhiked in California before with no problems. Usually the people that pick you up are not the type to put up w/much from a passenger. Friendliness goes a long way and ya done just fine FMZ...now..

STFU!
    Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No drunk is ever getting a hand from me.

People definitely need to reap what they've sown; need to sleep in the bed they've made themselves.

DY

• Princess
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rachel:
    I think the STFU was directed at FMZ. It's a little thing that they both have going

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey I do stuff like that all the time. Just last week I picked up a staggler on my way to Portland. Turns out he lives in Gresham, well east of town where my meeting was. I took him to Denny's and gave him five bucks. Told him that if he was still there after two hours when my meeting was over, I'd give him a ride home. My meeting was over at noon so I went back but he was gone. Sat down for lunch and the waiter that took my order asked me if I was looking for a "bum". I laughed and said "yes" and she gave me a note he had written thanking me for the lift and for "lifting" his spirits. The waitress insisted on me not paying for my pie and coffee.

Of course, I'm 6'3" and 225 so I don't get into too much trouble with these types.

carmel

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Rachel...I wasn't ranting at anyone I just haven't told him to STFU lately...*LOL* Hitchhiking is certainly a gamble and here in Texas I just don't and won't. I've picked up chicks on my bike before and given a ride, but that is slightly different than having someone in your car and able to mess with you if they really wanted. In my journeys through Northern Cali though I've never encountered a problem or even felt freaked out. It would be cool if there was a way to have your vehicle or yourself approved as a *good hitchhiker* or *good ride share*. I know crazy idea, but sometimes the good old days would be great.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Princess
  • Valis
    Valis

http://www.erideshare.com/

http://www.hitchhikers.org/

http://www.digihitch.com/

Well at least there are some options to plain old hitching.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

Valift

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

In my early teens, my friends and I hitched...........can you say STUPID???

I won't pick up hitchikers for any reason although I feel bad when I see a woman on the freeway with a gas can but there is even a danger in pulling off to the side here in California.

I got a flat once and had just run out of my AAA membership, didn't renew for some dumb reason, and had to walk pretty far to a station and could not find one to come and change my tire. Even almost got a jay walking ticket. This man approached me to help but the police man came back and I said I didn't help at all, I had called a tow/tire service. The man was told to go away. He didn't ........ he ended up at my car on the freeway when I got back there to wait. While I tried to say no no politely, the man proceeded to help me, I was defenseless I thought but kept my cell phone ready to dial 911......had the numbers pressed. And I was about 25 feet away. The man had a pickup truck with a camper shell and he had no shoes. About 10 minutes later a free service for Orange County pulled over to change the tire and made the man go away.

I didn't know that Orange County has a free service that patrols the freeways for cars in distress. They will change tires and tow you to a safe place. He had seen me when he was driving by and quickly made the exit to assist.

But I was definately scared............

Will post later about another incident........Sassy is here and we are drinking........!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit