What would you do?

by FMZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Well, I got done with my Taichi class. After driving around for a little while, seeing the sights etc.. I decided to head to work early, to get changed then head to the bar for a beer or two before my shift starts.

I filled up on gas, then as I was driving away, I noticed a poor gal (35ish) walking down the sidewalk slowly.. thumbing a lift. Obviously she had been drinking, though not to the point of totally stumbling all over.

I felt so sorry for the woman, I just had to pull over and give her a lift. I found out that she lived over 4 miles away, and in her state it may have taken hours, if she would have made it at all. Anyway, I drove her safely home, and I went back to work and got changed and had my beers as planned.

Some would say this was a stupid decision, some would say it was very noble. I have a feeling most will side with "stupid". But you know, maybe there was a reason I was there, as no-one else showed the least interest in giving the woman a hand.

FMZ

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Did she look like this FMZ?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Something similar happened to me, except it was the other way around. One afternoon I was having a bad fainting spell w/ loss of vision and had to leave the bus suddenly or I'd throw up and once I got off the bus I had to lie down on the sidewalk to gain my sight and make the nausea go away. Then a motorist saw me sprawled out on the sidewalk (this was a busy boulevard, by the way), and asked me if I was hurt. I wasn't terribly coherent but explained I was trying to keep the flow going in my head (I have low BP too). She offered to take me home, and it was a rather close, so I thanked her and she took me home where I could drink some water and lie down. So that was rather nice, I thought.

• FMZ
    FMZ

How did you know? Hmmmm.........

FMZ

• FMZ
    FMZ

Leo, glad someone came to your rescue... It's nice to hear the story told from the other side too.

FMZ

• Mac
    Mac

I'm leaning toward "noble", FMZ.

mac

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I was no where near your town tonight FMZ.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

OMG that picture!!!

LMAO that was a good reply xenawarrior, sums it all for me........unless I was drunk and needed a ride then I would think differently.

Kate

• codeblue
    codeblue

What I have learned lately is to listen to my "gut feelings" and things turn out well.

Sounds like you listened to yours, and you were quite admirable for helping her out.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Thanks Mac

lmao @ NPY

Biker, it was a big risk, I admin... maybe stupid.... Hmmm

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit