I could REALLY use some help right now....

by babygrl4903 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    I am considering go back to my church and talking to the priest. Its been a long time but maybe it'll help me in my decision. The only thing I am thinking is that of course more than likely the priest is going to want me to stay catholic so of course he is going to be saying things to keep me in my current religion. What do ya'll think? Is it worth it or do you think it wouldn't really help me much? ....

What do you have to lose? Go and talk to him. If he does "say things to keep you in your current religion" it's a good lesson for you about the nature of religious agendas.

He may have some wonderful insights for you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Aw ...I really feel for you, I do because you're obviously finding this really difficult

Talk to your priest, but again, just as with JWs, try and think about what they say.

The rule that I always follow is: show love to others and show love to myself. If anyone tries to force me beyond that, well I dont have to do what they say. God is forgiving and loving, so as long as you have the right motive and show love and care for yourself and others, you won't go far wrong.

Sirona

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Take your time and good luck!

Keep asking people questions and be suspicious of anyone who refuses to give you straight answers or will not respect your own views and conclusions.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I feel welcome here, thankyou. I agree you should be thinking about going to see someone . If you haven't seen the priest lately , would you deel comfortable speaking to him now? If not, maybe you could visit someone new. Its refreshing to let it all out to a stranger. If you dont feel comfortable, you dont have to see him again if you dont want to. If however you do feel comfortable, this could be your next teacher, pastor, priest, friend. I would be suspect though if he didnt pull out the Bible and address your spiritual need. A good teacher will always help you find the answers in the Bible. You might try finding:....2Tim 3:16. I hope that this is the first step on the right path.

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

thanks....I don't know if it'd be akward talking to him after so long. I just need someone to talk to on a one on one basis you know?

Ideally though i think what I really need is a middle person to talk to one on one. I usually go to my b/f to help me with everything but I can't this time. I have people who think its in my best intrest to become a JW and then I have others who think its in my best intrest not to. I need someone who is in the middle.....neutral. Someone that is not for either side or against it but that could help me through the pros and cons so I can make my decision. I know i need to make my own decision in the end after gathering all the facts, but to have someone i could talk to helps. You guys are doing a great deal and I appreciate it. I just wish I had someone I actually knew personally that could be with me one on one help comfort me too. Its hard to explain and I am sorry if it is coming off as me not being grateful for your help coz I definatly am. I am really glad I started posting here.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Babygirl,

You can post any question you want, and you can send me messages if you need to talk to someone. Just point to my screen name.

Yes, your priest would probably say negative things about the jws. Hey, you probably have heard enough dose of the negative things about Catholic from jws as well. Consider the good and the bad sides of both religion. This is a big commitment to your life. Don't choose one because of someone else. It has to be for YOURSELF.

• jgnat
    jgnat

About blood transfusions, babygirl.

Your boyfriend is only partially correct, but he is quoting the Watchtower policy perfectly. It is like this. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that taking blood is against bible principles. They are willing to die for those principles. But most sincerely hope that medical science will be able to save their life regardless, with blood replacement therapies.

What the Watchtower doesn't explain, is that this religious stand IS a life-and-death matter. It should not be downplayed. How are cattle killed? Their throat is slit and their lifeblood is poured out. It is a merciful and FAST method to kill an animal. For elective surgeries like breast enlargement or appendix removal, modern medicine can accommodate the Jehovah's Witness beliefs; they can have surgery without blood AND the patient lives.

However, if your boyfriend, heaven forbid, were ever in a car accident and one of his arteries were torn open, he would die without a blood transfusion. That is a fact.

If you want a family, you should discuss with your boyfriend if he will allow your children to have a life-saving blood transfusion. Don't let him skirt around the issue. Could he allow his own child, or you, die in front of him for his bible-based beliefs?

• myelaine
    myelaine

Youre kidding right? Do you have a Bible? Have you ever read the New Testement? Start at the book of John and keep going. You will find the One you seek there. IPFY.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Babygrl,

Welcome to the forum

oh yeah and kls,

I have already talked to him about that. he said that, no....they are not for blood transfussions but he said thats coz there are other, safer ways of saving someone when it comes down to that. he said they wouldn't let the person die but use the alternate solution thats safer than blood transfussions. i dunno what the alternate is. I want to find out but thats what he said. if anyone else here knows what it could be...please share. thanks

You should talk to a 19 year old friend of mine who had some routine surgery a couple of years ago. She could tell you all about those 'other, safer ways of saving someone'. Just make sure you bring a shovel because she is DEAD.
  • codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome babygirl

I was raised a "jw".....and it is a different life than you can ever imagine. It is taboo for him to date you. You will only become acceptable if you study and get "baptized" forever stay a JW.

Please listen to Jgnat's responses.........she has walked in your shoes!!!

Take care and please do your research!!!

hugs,

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit