I could REALLY use some help right now....

by babygrl4903 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus
    and everyone was very nice and everyone seemed to get along great.

Beware of goats in sheeps clothing... er um.. wolves in sheeps clothing. Because you're crow food, you heathen.

At 16 I can't possibly imagine spending the rest of your life with the type of misery you're getting into. I saw it a hundred times, so it seems, when I was a dub. The Boy gets a 'worldly' girl. You're the talk of the congregation now... there will be a special needs talk soon. Bank on it.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

A good start ... for studying / comparing

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/22/76203/1.ashx

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

I know I need to do alot of research. Everyone keeps saying that to me and I know I do but its hard coz I have no idea where to get the sources from. I mean, if I go to non-JW's or ex-JW's they say all bad things. If I got to JW's ... well, obveously they say all good things. And then if I want to use internet sources for research....all the webpages I go to were created by one of the above catagories of people so I still have the same problem and I am not going to know what exactly to believe until I try it for myself. but like people have said...if I study and decide its not for me then they will REALLY disapprove of me even more for not choosing their religion after studying it. Or if I do decide to convert and it turns out horrible....its not like I can easily walk away from it and according to some people, you don't get the full jist of what its like till after you have completely converted to their religion and then its too late. As for my family and parents, I have tried explaining a few things to them but they are too hard headed and won't listen. I doubt I could get them to research.

I also need to ask about these "restirictions." Movies, shows, music....my boyfriend listens to the same music and watches the same shows and movies as everyone else. I didn't think he wasn't suppose....is he doing something wrong by doing that? I mean, as far as I know...he and his other JW friends don't alter what movies they go see on weekends or anything like that coz of the religion.

• shamus
    shamus

Here's some pictures of what they are eagerly awaiting...

And people say that they're nothing like a cult, LOL!

That's just a sampling of what those 'nice' people have to say about 'the world'.

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

Shamus,

what do you mean exactly by a special needs talk? ...

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I see but you can still think for yourself, stay skeptical on everything both side till you get the point for good.

• shamus
    shamus

Keep going to meetings. You're a pagan dating a "Jehovahs Christian Witness". It is not at all permissable, and the person who they will aim it at is your BF, and you.

Ask your boyfriend about special needs talks. And see if what I say comes true, if you continue to date him.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Baby Grrl...

Sorry hon, but your b/f is not doing things "right" in the organization. I know because I was raised a JW. He could get in trouble for just "associating" with you, much less dating.

Their current beliefs are that if you start dating someone, you must have marriage in mind. Are you ready to get married now?

THey seem nice, but in their hearts they are just people, who will gossip and slander you and your b/f behind your back if you end up with him.

Also, JWs are cautioned against anyone who is not a JW, They call em "worldly" and look down upon you, unless you start studying.

Do you really want them to pass judgement about you without even knowing you? They will. Also about curbing music, movies, entertainment of any kind...they want all your entertainment to be "wholesome", eg Rated PG or Pg-13 movies, music with any cursing is a no-no, or anything that might make you think.

Did you know, that if your a JW and you visit this site, and someone from the congregation finds out, they can disfellowship (throw someone out and not associate with them) . They refer to us as apostate, that is: not in accord with God and his teachings.

Just some thoughts, welcome to the board!

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

Ok, I know I may be considered a pagan just coz I don't go to church and I may not be extremely religious but his parents don't know that. They just know I am a different religion. They don't know how active I am in my religion.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Also you are 16 (maybe a bit too young to take such path for your boyfriend) you feel good by now that way ... maybe you can just slow down on the study thing ... I mean take the best leave the bullshit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit