I could REALLY use some help right now....

by babygrl4903 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Hi Babygirl! Welcome to this forum.

Do you have a job? How hard would it be for you to decide to part with your hard earned money to buy a new car? The payment would be high & you would be paying for a long, long time.

You would do research, right? You would want to make sure that you got the best car that would last a long time, right? It is your life you are talking about, do at LEAST as much research! You would not buy a Ford car based soley on Ford's recommendations, would you? Would Ford propaganda be enough for you to spend your money?

You are doing the correct thing to research this. Your boyfriend thinks the jws are right & truthful because he was raised that way. He doesn't really know any better & probabnly never had a normal family situation or normal friends that liked him for himself, if they were all jws.

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

oh yeah and kls,

I have already talked to him about that. he said that, no....they are not for blood transfussions but he said thats coz there are other, safer ways of saving someone when it comes down to that. he said they wouldn't let the person die but use the alternate solution thats safer than blood transfussions. i dunno what the alternate is. I want to find out but thats what he said. if anyone else here knows what it could be...please share. thanks

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    and sirona makes a good point too. a happy marriage doesn't mean they have to be the same religion. just in this case.....it would really help.

(Wow, I'm just full of responses today!) I am of the opinion that it's difficult under any cirumstances to have a happy marriage when your religious beliefs differ greatly, period. There are three big deal-breakers in marriage: Money (how you handle it, what your views on it are), Children (If/when to have them, how to raise them, and Religion. If you can't agree on these three items (even if your agreement is to politely disagree) you can't make a marriage work. It's been proven millions of times over. Religion is particularly tricky as it is a near purely emotional issue, and doesn't rely on much logic. If two different religions are similar (i.e. a lutheran marries a methodist) then there's less dissonance between the belief systems. If they are wildly different (i.e. Episcoplian v. Jehovah's Witness, Pagan v. Orthodox Jew, Scientologist v. Muslim) there are few couples who could survive 'happily'.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Babygirl,

You have gotten lots of good adivces here. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE ANY OF THEM!!!!

They or we are speaking out of our own experiences. In the beginning before you get baptized as a jw, they will try to show you only the good side of them and only the bad side of other religions including Catholic. After you get baptized (after a lot of pressure), when you get to see the bad side of them, you will be told to ignore, but focus on the bad side of Catholic.

There is a member named, SHUNNED FATHER, in the board. I wish you can read his story. It really shows how cruel and inhumane the jws can be. I'll try to find the link and post it.

JWS DO NOT WORSHIP GOD. THEY WORSHIP THEIR ORGANIZATION LED BY A FEW MEN IN UPSTATE NEW YORK.

They will tell you only half truth or even lie to you just to get you as their official new member - a baptized jw. Once you get baptized, you have to live around their cultic rules.

You are not going to allow to go to your high school reunion. They rather want you to go door to door to recruit more new members.

You are not going to allow to have any friend outside of their religion. They rather want you to brain wash yourself with their publications and recruit more new members.

You are not going to allow to celebrate your friends and family's birthdays and holidays with them. They are going to tell you to minimize your "association" with your non-jw friends and family members even your mom and dad.

If you don't listen to them, you're going to be marked. In the worst case you will be disfellowshiped (excommunicated), and you'll be their public enimy. And they will treat you like a real enimy.

I AM NOT EXAGERATING. I can go on and on, but I don't want my post to be too long to read. I'll check on your thread later.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    he said they wouldn't let the person die but use the alternate solution thats safer than blood transfussions. i dunno what the alternate is.

Bald faced lie. There are entire cover story articles in JW publications glorifying people, children and adults, who died rather than have blood transfusions. There are some emerging alternatives, but none of them are substitutes for the use of blood and blood products. Remember that all the information he has about 'better and safer' solutions comes from JW publications, since they are the only source that can be trusted.

The JW's have a long history of forbidding certain medical procedures due to biblical prohibitions. They used to say that organ transfusions were cannibalism--thousands died because they believed this. They used to outlaw vaccinations against disease on 'blibical' grounds. People died then too. When they reverse these positions it is always because their 'understanding has been clarified, like a light getting brighter and brighter'. I think that if you're going to say that you are the sole communication channel between God and man, you better be right all the time.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Sara Annie

Whilst I agree that you need much in common with your partner, I do think that depending upon what religion you are, you can have a good marriage if your beliefs differ.

I am religious, my partner is agnostic and it doesn't cause us a problem.

Sirona

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    I am religious, my partner is agnostic and it doesn't cause us a problem.

Sirona--

I think that combo would be fine, actually--it's sort of an absence of belief v. a belief system. It's when two strong belief systems butt heads that the real problems generally start. There are always exceptions, though.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm sorry I misunderstood what your boyfriend was doing. I'm just very sensitive when it comes to people discriminating against people on religious and conscious matters and I imposed onto him what most JWs do. I'll have to be more careful.

I'm wondering if he is not really a JW at heart... maybe he wants to leave the faith too but is afraid of loosing his family and friends.

i dunno what the alternate is. I want to find out but thats what he said. if anyone else here knows what it could be...please share. thanks

When a person is bleeding out or has a low blood count, there is nothing that is as effective as whole blood. Talk to a Dr and ask him/her if there are any alternatives that are as effective as blood. JWs will tell you all sorts of things about alternatives to blood, but they have an agenda... they have concluded that blood is bad and therefore they need to find things to backup their conclusion. This is bad science.... go talk to a Dr... even several Drs who have no agenda. They will tell the truth of the matter.

When the JWs start talking to you about blood, ask them why blood, which is supposed to symbolize life, is more important than the very thing it symbolizes. Jesus explained that the Sabbath was sacred (death penalty for those who worked on the Sabbath), but that saving a life is more important that keeping the Sabbath... so it was ok to violate the Sabbath in order to save a life. Why is that not also true with blood?

Matthew 12:9-12 ***

After departing from that place he went into their synagogue; 10 and, look! a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, "Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?" that they might get an accusation against him. 11 He said to them: "Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? 12 All considered, of how much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the sabbath."
  • shamus
    shamus

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/blood.htm

Jehovahs Witnesses are taught to lie without even knowing it from a very early age. That watered down answer has been beaten into his head for the courts to hear. Find out what they're publications even admit about blood products and transfusions.

You are dealing with a dangerous high-control group. I think that my point has been made so good luck in your decision, and if you have questions, the quotes website above is an excellent resource to see what they really say as opposed to what they want you to know. Two different stories altogeter.

• babygrl4903
    babygrl4903

I am considering go back to my church and talking to the priest. Its been a long time but maybe it'll help me in my decision. The only thing I am thinking is that of course more than likely the priest is going to want me to stay catholic so of course he is going to be saying things to keep me in my current religion. What do ya'll think? Is it worth it or do you think it wouldn't really help me much? ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit