Do you believe in "same sex" marriage?

by Carmel 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yesterday I tuned into ESPN Sports Radio and listened to a semi-political debate on several issues. When "same sex" marriage came up one of the talking heads refrained that "all marriages are same sex." You get married and have the "same sex" over and over again! LMAO!!!

carmel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

clever - diffcult one - I am still a little on the conservative side -but - what two adults choose to do is none of my business - and if they want to have it recognized like other people why not

• anew
    anew

No I do not. I would never practice hate or judgment. I have a person in my life who I love immensely and he is gay, I believe. However, marriage is a God arrangement and it is between and man and a woman. That is history. Marriage is the backbone of society. Just my opinion.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I absolutely support it. Regarding the argument above...

Marriage is the backbone of society.

I would propose that families are the backbone of our society. Families come in all different shapes and sizes, of which gay families are one. Allowing gays to marry does not pose any danger to our society.

Just my two cents.

SNG

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I agree with XJWE. What 2 adults do in their bedroom is none of my buisness. I don't care if the state sanctions it. The state's not even supposed to be sanctioning heterosexual marriage, much more same sex marriage.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

No hate and no judgement...............but when it comes to same sex marriage.........

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Mr. Bone was not meant to rub Mr. Sphyncter and Eve wasn't told to strap on a dildo.

My opinion and my right to MY opinion.

Again I will repeat what I said in one of my earlier posts................Two of my best friends whom I love dearly are lesbians and they do not publicly flaunt it. I will support them for their choice of lifestyle and back them up if there is trouble. But in my opinion............and in the opinion of God's word..........it wasn't meant to be that way. God still loves them....so why should I not love them? But if we throw God's word away..........so then who cares who does what to whomever!

HappyDad

• Atilla
    Atilla
    ................Two of my best friends whom I love dearly are lesbians and they do not publicly flaunt it

Ah, would you still support your so called "friends" if they were a little more vocal about it. Why do you think they aren't more vocal about it, could it be that they fear people like you? Do you publicly flaunt your heterosexual marriage, because to me that is just sick.

It doesn't really matter anyways because gay marriage will happen sooner or later.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Actually YES I think any two consenting adults who are committed to each other should have the legal right to decide what happens to their loved one in cases of health emergencies. They should have the right to support and care if the relationship is dissolved. They should be able to legally claim possession of the family home is one partner dies. They should be able to have a person they know loves them make decisions for them if they cannot make those decisions themselves. They pay taxes like everyone else. They should be able to claim it back when needed.

My opinion is that "marriage" as we know it today is more often a legal matter rather than a religious matter. And I see no reason why 2 committed adults shouldn't have the legal protections and benefits that marriage allows regardless of the gender of the participants. To get a divorce one doesn't go to the church where you were married. You go to the courts - to dissolve a legal contract.

What they do in that marriage is not my business.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My stand is that it is not my life style but what one does in the privacy of his or her own bedroom, is none of anyones business. For all those "good Christians" out there that are so quick to judge, I tell them not to judge and if there is a God to leave it in his/her hands.

Will

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Not to undermine the serious discussion, but I think this thread exists solely to promote a piece of wry humor -- and it's a pretty good joke at that.... :) What is all this I hear about gays and same-sex marriage? Why on earth do gays want same-sex marriage....I'm in a same-sex marriage and it's not gay at all..... (Sorry, a little Emily Litella moment...) :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit