Are Jehovah's Witnesses Similar To Terrorists In Any Way???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

whaddaya think?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well they use scare tactics so yes -but they are not violent so no. They isloate themselves like terrorists - they attempt to intimidate people into their way of thinking and ar eextremely strict with members once indoctrinated - so yes I suppose there are some similarities minimus - you are not a terrorist minimus because terrorists do not ask as many questions as you!!

• minimus
    minimus

I am an an apostate terrorist!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

careful with this one, people

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

why ozziepost ? Is there something obvious I am missing?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Posting guidelines: #2 Inciting hatred

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I suppose I can see how it could get there - but hopefully posters will be sensible - I assume you are saying i fit gets out of hand you will lock it or delete it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hopefully

• minimus
    minimus

Now come on.....I'm thinking that JWs are clandestine and secretive. They tell everyone that unless they accept what they say, they're all going to die. Terrorists have cells that can be dispatched at any time. JWs are trained thru their bookstudy groups to follow the overseer and do whatever he says, especially if they believe they are under attack.....I see nothing even close to violating the rules here unless you think that we're not supposed to hate terrorists.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It depends on what your definition of terrorist is ... here is Merriam Webster's definition:

Main Entry: ter·ror·ism
    Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
    Function: noun
    : the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
    - ter·ror·ist / -&r-ist / adjective or noun
    - ter·ror·is·tic / "ter-&r-'is-tik / adjective
    Main Entry: ter·ror
    Pronunciation: 'ter-&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French terreur, from Latin terror, from terrEre to frighten; akin to Greek trein to be afraid, flee, tremein to tremble -- more at TREMBLE
    1 : a state of intense fear
    2 a
    : one that inspires fear

Kinda scary to think about it when you look up the definition.

But what people now-a-days typically think of when they hear "terrorist" is probably quite different ... to which JWs have few, if any, similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit