Do JWs Marry At Too Young of an Age???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Can anyone explain to a jaded young man with no faith in the system what "too young means". Unless you plan on being a kept woman or a farm hand 16 is auguably too young. Once you start getting in the age where you can buy a house and commit to a 20 year mortgage or military service I would need explaining on what too young means.

• jaredg
    jaredg

i'm 25 and have never been married. i can't imagin getting married yet. i want to buy a house and be finacially stable before i go the extra mile. a part of me doesn't want to get married at all but just live with my girlfriend.

• minimus
    minimus

Hey XQ's, if you're not "too young" to get baptized, you're not "too young" to get married, right?...Ha Ha

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Considering that JWs allow you to divorce, but not disassociate without consecquences you are right!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes, definately.

• Scully
    Scully

XQs: Perhaps "Too Young" should include "immature" and "inexperienced" as part of its definition?

Love, Scully

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Married my wife at 21 as was she. Both gagging for it so it seemed the right thing to do. Still together after 14 years and have 2 great kids. Like any marriage we have ups and downs but have manged to weather the storm even though we are no longer attending meetings. Would I marry older if I had a second time around? Yes.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Married my wife at 21 as was she. Both gagging for it so it seemed the right thing to do. Still together after 14 years and have 2 great kids. Like any marriage we have ups and downs but have manged to weather the storm even though we are no longer attending meetings. Would I marry older if I had a second time around? Yes.

Okay maybe you guys don't get me. I live in the ghetto so forgive me. Many people here at 21 are not married, have 2 or more kids, and never have been married. So maybe I am too jaded to see the importance of marring older. Can you explain it in more universal terms.

I am not trying to sound like a prick, but when I see a barely legal single mother I drop her newborn off at the day care I wish she was married. Socio-economically it works better even if they divorce in the future.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I will be very blunt...i was married at 20 because i wanted sex...so did my "hottie" (ha ha love the Americans!) Wife who was 19...had a great year of constant er,sha****g then realized we bored the pants off each other (no pun etc....)relationship went rapidly down hill...split a few years later.

Do Jw,s marry at too young of an Age???

Well,i did.

• minimus
    minimus

XQ's ----how old are you? You don't seem to have any age or experience behind you. In the ghetto, huh?...ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit