Two Elders Stopped By

by rocketman 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with Blondie's husband! I wouldn't even talk to them. I don't want to give them any ammo against me. They have their minds made up anyway!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Gary JWs if able do those kind of stunts. You are allowed to count the time, return visit, and it is more exciting.

If they let normal jws study with dfed people instead of just the elders the system would collapse. You know what. Thats a really great idea. I would not be suprised if the european pressure builds too much they dig up the "Old light" of allowing a JW to study with a dfed person. They are right now allow the person to sit silent or say things that the family is suppose to ignore if they live with you.

• minimus
    minimus

so XQ's are you presently a JW or not?

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    This same elder later came out with an odd diatribe against Muslims, stating that they "kill those who leave their religion".

No witness do worse the just emotionally torture them fot the rest of there lives

• garybuss
    garybuss

XQ, You wrote:

You are allowed to count the time, return visit, and it is more exciting.

Laughing out loud:-) I never knew of a Witness to count time while trimming trees:-) I guess lots HAS changed since I kicked the Kingdom Hall door in 1974. Hahahahahaaa

Thanks for the laugh:-)

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Where is the love of Christ in their statements?

Good question Blondie. There was no love evident in the discussion, but rather a 'we are right and everyone else is wrong' attitude. No humilty at all. That type of pride as we all know comes from the fact that they think they're so right with God.

They just had an article in Newsweek about who mostly have AIDS, women who get it from their unfaithful husbands and then the women pass it on to their children unknowingly.

Exactly. I saw the article to which you are referring and it's a big problem, especially in India and Africa because of unfaithful men. The elder's comment showed no compassion or depth of feeling at all. It also showed no intelligence.

BTW I only really attend the sunday meetings and nobody really seems to care. As long as you never put your self on the school they really forget about you.

XQ, I'm glad you weren't hounded about not attending other meetings. But in all honesty, in 30 years as a jw I had never known them to be so accomodating. True, if you play your cards right you may be able to get away with infrequent attendance, but the prevailing thinking among jws and the wts is that it's not appropriate and that you are spirtually "weak". You are also talked about among the other jws in the Hall and it's not positive, believe me.

When I was an elder, I gave a local needs talk about meeting attendance. I mentioned in the talk that at times, it might be understandable to miss meetings. Afterward, another elder told me that I should not have said that - that we instead must not give the bros and sis's the impression that it's okay to miss meetings. That's also the thought prjected from Circuit Overseers and during assembly parts - that jws must be at all meetings. I well recall the mantra used when they read Hebrews 10:24,25: "Attending meetings is not an option, it is a command".

• Carmel
    Carmel

I haven't been hassled to attend a meeting in over 45 years. So it must be true that such hassling doesn't take place. OH! that's right, after being df'd they don't hassle you any more.. that's the ticket! Go for it Rocketman!

caveman

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Thanks for sharing that RMan !!

Next time they come back- ask them again about the ability to attend only once per week and tell them you want that in writing signed by the two of them and to include that with this ability there can be no negative action taken against you by anyone in the congregation in word or deed because of it.

Thing is-if they balk it will be quite obvious even to them that they are blatantly lying. (not that they'll care but it would be fun to see them squirm about it) If they don't you could use it as a precedence setting document to free others in the congregation from 4 days of activity !!! They can all be lazy bums too !!!

Hugs at ya from Packer Country !!

XW

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey XW, interesting thought! Too bad I don't really wanna attend even once per week. If I did, I'd ask them for a written statement. They would no doubt balk.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Rocketman,

I enjoyed the comments in your post, and I think since you were rathered "cornered" in your own domane, you had no choice but to let them ramble on.

Sometimes, I have wondered if perhaps the questions they pose to those who have da'd are questions they really think about among themselves. For instance, they are very curious about your time and what you do with it. Their lives are filled to the brim with meetings, assemblies, studies, service, responsibilities to family and congregation...and they know inside that they carry guilt around because no matter what they manage to do, it still isn't enough. I mean, where exactly does god fit into all of this rigidity? They have to take a pompace stand, because they know nothing else. Being outside of rules and regulations and living life day to day "normally" is a concept that frightens them. They are naturally inquisitive as to how we manage--and yet, for the most part retain all the power and contol that we allow them.

(I don't believe that Jesus wore a suit when he taught us by example to have love and compassion for EVERYONE.)

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit