Two Elders Stopped By

by rocketman 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

What happened with your visit is the exact reason I don't let them in: there is no reasoning with them.

Plus they insulted me and my husband highly on our "welcoming visit" over a year ago. There was no love shown to us....I was totally avoided in my own home and disrespected. (I know they wouldn't treat an rv or a bible study the way they did me or my husband)

My conclusions: why am I subjecting myself to this kind of treatment? I don't have to.

Codeblue

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The implication is that God caused AIDS, which is ridiculous. If God was really offended by the behaviors that transmit AIDS, he'd have done something a couple of thousand years ago.

Ludicrous and presumptuous in the extreme.

Yes, what a puritannical moron to say such a thing. Lord how I don't miss JW's.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Just one question...during their lame lectures, did they offer to roll up their shirts and turn a wrench?

Lawrence, it was actually kind of fun watching them sweat, because while I was in shorts and a light shirt, they were in suits. Despite the heat and humidity, they would not remove their suit jackets. I wonder if there was some memo to elders along those lines. It was prehaps the most humid day this summer, and they just broiled. In fact, I lengthened the discussion just to see them sweat more. Bad of me, huh?

* Asked you what you did do with your time as though you're doing nothing worthwhile now you are not JW (I got this and it is extremely annoying)

Sirona, I think that's what initially got me a bit riled up. I was calm until that remark.

It's all or nothing. They lied to you.

JH, precisely. There's no way they are going to let anyone get away with once-per-week.

My conclusions: why am I subjecting myself to this kind of treatment? I don't have to.

Yes Codeblue, they undermine their supposed desire to "help" with their stubborness. They refuse to think outside the sphere of what they are taught. Thus, their visits almost always end up counter-productive.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

excellent rocket man: they hate when someone stands up to them. they are not programed for it . after about 5-10 minutes. they run out of ammo and are melting in their suits. i just whipped 3 jw's in the street today. every time they lie or give me an incorrect answer. i start talking again and cut them off.. i fact if they act stupid @90% of the time. i don't even let them talk. i just pound away. again great work , they will think twice before they come to talk to you again. john

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Talking about suits....... In my congo lately the elders have not been wearing suits

to the service meetings (in the morn)

• blondie
    blondie

rocketman, my hubbie read this and it convinces him totally not to talk to elders about anything at any time. I wonder if they are bright enough not to share these bombs about Muslims and people with AIDS (PWA) with people at the door or at work.

Where is the love of Christ in their statements. They just had an article in Newsweek about who mostly have AIDS, women who get it from their unfaithful husbands and then the women pass it on to their children unknowingly. I read an email from a sister in Africa who talked about how many JWs have AIDS. Of course, she emphasizes they got it before being JWs but did they deserve to get it, did the children?

As to Muslims, they aren't up to date. Just like it has been said, the KKK does not characterize Christianity, nor do these Muslim extremists characterize Islam.

I bet the average JW (actually, the average person who doesn't live in a Muslim country) can say they have a Muslim friend, someone they socialize with, do recreational things with.

Blondie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

so many people in africa are victims of aids and really is a topic of its own. so i dont wanna highjack this thread about it.. just that so many have it, got it from their spouses, so many innocent victims, not hundreds but millions of babies born with it. the stats are mind boggling.

as to the elder visit. if the wtbs is going to be THE authority over jw's then they are going to have to rein in some of this hateful thinking of elders.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Nodenial keeps letting them back in till the last visit.

He wanted me for a "witness to his comment".

I told him: that is the last time......it is way too disturbing to me to feel disrespected in my home. Like they are ONLY interested in my husbands spirituality and I attenended waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more meetings than him............

NO MORE............If he answers the door I am NOT his witness.................

• garybuss
    garybuss

Two Mormon boys stopped by to visit me while I was trimming trees with a chain saw. They were very cordial and they offered to help me with the trees. I said you are dressed too good to mess with trees and they said they would go change clothes and come back to help. I live two miles from the edge of town and they were either on foot or on bikes. I saw no bikes, so I am thinking they were going to walk all the way back to town and then all the way back here to help me. I thanked them and declined but I was impressed and grateful for the offer. I remain impressed.

I am trying to think of a time when a Witness ever offered to help me haul trees. I can't think of an example.

I could probably think of some times Witness people helped me but since they told my sons to shun me I am pissed at them and I can't remember any acts of kindness by them.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

if the wtbs is going to be THE authority over jw's then they are going to have to rein in some of this hateful thinking of elders.

The watchtower is only the "authority" over the COs and DOs. THey could care less about the elders. They just keep printing those "quit beating the sheep" memo's and watchtowers that the elders throw in the circular file after they finish reading them.

BTW I only really attend the sunday meetings and nobody really seems to care. As long as you never put your self on the school they really forget about you. Maybe the brother was not lieing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit