Spirituality

by StinkyPantz 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

What is it?

I am having a hard time grasping the concept..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

How does the dictionary define it?:

1. The state, quality, manner, or fact of being spiritual.
    2. The clergy.
    3. Something, such as property or revenue, that belongs to the church or to a cleric. Often used in the plural.

That doesn't open my eyes as far as meaning is concerned..

• minimus
    minimus

What do you wanna know?

• JH
    JH

I would say that spirituality is putting God first whatever you do

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Mini-

I've seen posts recently about 'spiritual experiences' and 'spiritual fulfillment'.. I don't recall ever having a 'spiritual experience' nor yearning or thirsting for one. I'm thinking either something is wrong with me (keep on topic is you choose to address what's wrong with me ) or I just don't know it when it happens.. or does being athiest/agnostic negate all spirit related stuff?

• Valis
    Valis

if anything you should be able to use your experience with the JWs as an antithesis to what is spiritual. Try sitting in an old catherdal or among World Heritage sites where one can't help but feel some sort of peace inside. To me spirituality is getting to that place in my head where my troubles are not thought of and I am at least at peace with the rest of me. Simple. Some people have/do more or less, but I think fishing is as close as I ever get.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

I don't know if having a ephiphany is what spirituality is all about. Who cares if one person feel "spirituality" and another doesn't? I think it's very important for some and not for others....just like a lot of other stuff in life.

• poppers
    poppers

If the mind doesn't label one particular thing as 'spiritual' and another as something other than 'spiritual' then what is it? Who is it that gives a particular thing/event its meaning? In other words, who am I that 'all of this' is happening to? Investigate and find out.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

To me spirituality is simply realizing that I am connected to everything.

• gumby
    gumby

StinkerPantz,

Good question.....and also one I get confused about....especially reading others posts and their definitions of what they feel it is. One thing for sure....it's unseen since it is an emotion.

It's usually mysterious, sometimes unexplainable, but a general feeling of a working force that is respondent in some way. It may be simply a state of mind for some, for others......it's a power that is at work in their lives and life itself.

Me......I ain't got a friggin clue......but I do feel "math" is at work in everything ( if that makes any sense) I also do not disbelieve in a creator of a sort, but know nothing about them/it.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit