Do you have anger issues because of mistreatment by JW's?

by LyinEyes 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have been reading the thead on JW suicide the last two days and I have to admit, I am boiling mad, angry, and literally have thoughts of wanting to put my hands around some of the JW's who have abused so many......LOL!!!!!!! I realize this is not at all funny, but I do laugh at how I let this get to me to the point of fantazing of slapping some of the "higher than thou" JW's I have ran across in my life and those whom some of you decribed.

I read Scully's story and wanted to choak the ones who did not pass her the emblems at the memorial.

I get so mad when I read how some of the JW's want to pass judgement on the one's who have committed suicide , saying they will not be resurrected. What better way to say it but........" Who died and left them God?".

I get so sickened and angry when I read that a pedophile is allowed to tickle and play with little children after the meetings.

There is just no getting around all the anger, even after I am out of the organization, two years now, I still have problems with anger.

No, I don't think I need anger management for I believe my anger is justified and I don't act on my little fantazys of choaking some JW's.

I just wanted to know if others , feel like I do , that the anger will always be so right under the skin? Will we ever see the JW's pay for their crimes and stop abusing others? If we saw more of this, the ones who are getting away with so many sins, really have to answer for what they have done, will the anger subside?

My favorite line from the movie Tombstone,, staring Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday....." He doesn't want revenge, he wants a reckoning".

I say that is about how I feel. The things that so many have endured while being JW's are horrid to say the least.

Maybe if I became involved in some of the causes as Lamb's Roar, Silent Lambs, I could channel my anger to better use.

• kls
    kls

Lyineyes, you are certainly in good company. I myself feel the anger and i do feel justified. The jws covering up their pedophiles and allowing them to return to molest the children , i feel their pain and silent scream's. It is also agony for me to read the horrible hurt this cult has caused so many that times i cannot read some posts ,not that i don't care but the hurt becomes internal and i get deeply depressed. When there are some who come to this site and defend the jws on child abuse and makes excuses for their doctrine i feel nothing more then hate for them , brain washed or not.

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks, Dede!

I just wanted to know if others, feel like I do , that the anger will always be so right under the skin?

Yup! All it takes is for me to think about that Memorial and the hot salty tears of anger start flowing. It's a good thing there are no JWs in range, because I'd give them a shakedown they'd not soon forget!

They may have beat me down then, but I'm back! If they ever try anything with me again, they'll find that I'm a whole lot harder to get loose from than I am to get a hold of, and it WILL be UGLY. I promise.

Love, Scully

• jwbot
    jwbot

I can get very upset, especially if I percieve someone is judging me or thinking I am immoral because I have different views or because the way I run my life...I can be very sensitive towards that because I have been judged all my life by how I act right down to what I wore no matter how innocent.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

YES, lots of anger. All those years of suffering and enduring thinking it was for some greater cause and then find out it was all in vain and it was nothing more than suffering and enduring for the benefit of some corperation making money off of our pain. YES, pissed very pissed. Still trying to sort out the mess it has caused in my family and the grief and loss over 20 plus years of friendships and some family because of the inhumane WT corporation. Still pissed at the JWs who won't wake up and keep following blindly along no matter what they are told to do. Still pissed at myself for once having a part in it the suffering of others under the WT rule.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am really angry at the moment because this elder came after my DA-letter to my door (I have written about it on JWD). He knocked heavily at my door and did not even tell me his name. And I was so surprised (because I expected my wife) that I did not tell him to GO TO HELL...

AND THAT MAKES ME STILL MAD

Sorry, I have to vent....

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think the anger ever really goes but it helps to move on and not dwell on it or else it would eat you up. It helps to channel the energy into doing something positive if you can.

It does make me angry & sad when I look back on things. I guess it's good to keep busy eh?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Not much. Sure, occasionally I get triggered by something (almost always related to my ex-family), but otherwise I focus my exJW thoughts and activities on doing what I can to support others, and to maybe contribute something to exposing the WTS.

Craig

PS: Dede-doll, it's good to have you back posting again! Last night, there were a few of us in chat..."old-timers" LOL Brought back great memories, including you...ya motor-mouth

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

When you're raised since birth by a supremacist megalomaniac psychopathic cult it kinda does a job on ya mates..

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/night.html Click me I cut my babyteeth on this s**t

Vulture Vulture Vulture http://www.voccoquan.com/brightwell/jehovah.htm Jehovah's Witnesses and the "birds". Vulture Vulture Vulture

http://dannyhaszard.com/media/last.mp3 'one day at time'. Danny's Sensible Suggestions I Love You Mug 2 for Managing Stress

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Yes I do. I try to control it but when on this board and reading about alot of things others have been through and still going through from the holier-than-thou JW's I get mad. I just finished reading CoC and I can't even describe the anger I felt the way they treated Raymond Franz and this coming from the organization that is Jehovah's Mouthpiece. I refuse to get started with my ranting and raving today, but yes I do have anger issues because of mistreatment by JW's especially those in my immediate family that treat me like I'm Satan when people of the "world" think I'm an angel. Not bragging or anything but I do feel I'm a good person and the way the JW's in my family treat me, if for some miracle I was ever reinstated I can say I would then disfellowship myself from talking to them. I'm the same person I was then and I'm the same person now and you couldn't talk to me then because of a title I didn't have so now that I have that title I still don't want you talking to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit