Question about letters to society.

by laurelin 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I once wrote a letter about Civilian Service in 1995. They invited the elders to the Branch Office and let me enjoy a visit by them after that.

I wrote a letter about birthdays and they replied - no elders copied.

I moved and wrote a DA-letter and an Elder showed up to ask me who I am.

That's it....

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I wrote the society 2 letters begging them for help--one 6 pages and one 12 pages long. I explained many things that were happening to me and others in the congo with many details about the elders that put them in a very bad light. I got one form letter back that didn't even address the issues with the elders, but just one of my questions. It was much like a form letter with a few scriptures in it and some old WT articles. The elders received a copy of this letter too, but the elders told me that they didn't think I had told the whole story (or the true story) and the society had asked the elders for their version of the story. Later when I hadn't been to meetings in a long time an elder called me to get me to "encourage" me back to the meetings and I asked him if they had ever got a letter back from the society in regard to their arguing my letter. He said "yes", and was very vague about the information in the letter, but said that the society had in the end defended the elder's point of view and not mine. After that I just gave it all up. If the society was defending these men in their lunacy I was over it. I had also contacted the branch and talked to the CO and they all defended the elders--in the end nobody came to the rescue--no knights in shining armour--there was no one there to defend me or any of us--there was nothing to prevent these men from doing whatever they wanted to.

When I got my letter from the society a couple of the sisters commented that "it was like a letter from Jehovah himself" though it looked like a form letter to me--cold and impersonal.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Captain - You are a hoot!!! I'm rolling in the floor!

(That didn't really happen, did it?)

I've never sent a letter to the society. I wonder if they would answer one from an apostate with no congregation.

Good luck - I hope you don't get in trouble.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I wrote a letter pointing out an error in the Watchtower - They (Brooklyn) sent a letter via the Presiding Overseer agreeing with me and apologizing for the mistake. I was an elder at the time

• garybuss
    garybuss

I can tell you this: If you ask the elders a question the Society will NOT contact you. Think this one over. :-)

• SadElder
    SadElder

As we understand it, all correspondence sent to the US branch (not sure about any other areas) is scanned into a docement retrieval system. Then any letters written previously by that person are reviewed along with the current document. Copies of most letters are fowarded on to the local elder body and sometimes also to the CO and DO with specific instructions on how to handle the matter. The reply usually sent back to a publisher from the Bethel CIA (AKA Service Dept under J. Edgar Jaracz) is vague and self serving at best.

Though I am no longer interested in corresponding with that whore in Brooklyn, my attorney suggests using the following on each page of any piece of correspondence:

"Copyright 2004 by (your name). No portion of this document may be copied or reproduced in any manner, including introduction into automatic data retrieval systems, without the express written consent of the author. The author intends to vigorously prosecute any violation of this copyright."

Then let's sit back and see how many letters get copied and mailed around. Would make for an interesting law suit and another scandal for the harlot riding on the back of the UN.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The German fellow said:

I once wrote a letter about Civilian Service in 1995. They invited the elders to the Branch Office and let me enjoy a visit by them after that.

I wrote a letter about birthdays and they replied - no elders copied.

I moved and wrote a DA-letter and an Elder showed up to ask me who I am.

That's it....

This is just friggin stupid, 'don't know who you are', for GOD's sake the shirt alone is famous!

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I wrote the Canadian Branch once. I pointed out a contradiction in their teaching. The local body was informed.

Back then, I still 'beleived' in the mighty org. So I was gentle, nonetheless I pointed to the contradiction.

They wrote back using 2 Timothy "foolish reasonings" and didn't even attempt to "explain it away"... or did they....in their own way.

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

The world headquarters will forward any letter from a witness or otherwise to the local congregation elders. Over the years I saw DF'd people write the society for help when a local BOE was uncooperative in reinstating the individual. Also, letters from people sending in for literature will be forwarded to the local BOE. So, any letter of inquiry about doctrinal questions will be in the hands of the BOE within days of its receipt in Brooklyn. So, if anyone wants the Wrath of GB down on their heads, just write the society about anything they've changed or is the least bit controversial. Better to save your postage and do your own research.

Elders routinely write the GB over questions the BOE has regarding the 'proper' handling of a multitude of situations, often at the direction of the PO. Usually, the answer is full of WT references, or the Elder's Manual guidelines.

Frankly, if you want to stay 'under the radar', the worst thing you can do is write the society with an honest question.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Hey Apocalypse - what was the contradition?

Wrote to ask about the UN... 3 weeks later:

Got back standard B*llsh*t reply...

Wrote back with a few questions (why join UN when you can get a "library card" without NGO status? etc)... 3 weeks later:

Disfellowshipped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit