If we don;t follow the old testament, why are so many rules taken from that?
POST YOUR REALLY HARD JW QUESTIONS HERE SO I CAN CALL BRANCH
When determining the year of the destruction of the Temple at Jerusalem as given in their modern publications, did the Society take into consideration all of the available information including all of that which became known in the twentieth century?
They won?t give you a "yes" or "no" answer.
Since any witness who speaks against the WT and refutes one of their teachings and is therefore disfellowshipped for it, what if the very teaching that they spoke against turned out to be wrong later on? Does that mean that person is reinstated for being right all along?
I can tell you right now what their reply to this question is: the person will not be re-instated, because they
have more brains than the senile old goats in Bethelran ahead of the Organization with their interpretation, and we don't want to admit that we were wrongrather than wait on Jehovah to reveal it through the F&DSC.
My questions are:
- Why are they still promoting the false date of 607 BCE for the destruction of the Second Temple, when all historical, archeological and biblical evidence shows it was destroyed in 586 BCE?
- Why do they insist that every man, woman and child within the Organization be evangelizers, when Ephesians 4:11 clearly states: "....It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers." With this reasoning, every man, woman, and child should also be apostles, prophets, and pastors (which of course, they're not).
- Why do they use Matthew chapter 24 as events that happen AFTER Christ's "invisible return" in 1914, when verse 32 clearly shows that these events lead up to His Second Coming: 32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it  is near, right at the door." Note that it says "near". Not that He had arrived decades earlier and then all these things would occur, but the other way around. (that outta put a nice little dent in the 1914 theory)
- Why are Witnesses allowed to celebrate the birth day of their marriages, but not the day of their birth?
- Where in the bible does it say that in order to be considered for eternal life, you have to attend 5 meetings a week, and get 10 hours in Service every single month?
- Please show me a scripture where it says that Jesus Himself went out knocking on people's doors when preaching
- Why do Jehovah's Witnesses not do charity work, since this is clearly a Christian command?
Why do they practically order everybody at a JW wedding reception not to clink their glasses, but they don?t say anything about shaking hands, tipping your hat, wedding rings, the traditional wedding bouquet, the traditional attire for the groom (tuxedo) and bride (white gown), etc.?
I know that the JWs suggest that clinking glasses has some pagan or superstitious overtones, but what about all those other ?traditional? social things? I?m sure that some historical research would reveal pagan or superstitious ideas behind all those other things too (especially the wedding rings).
Also, what right do they have to order everybody not to clink their glasses? What about any non-JW relatives or friends? Isn?t that imposing their religious beliefs on others?
This is something that pretty well makes me want to leave any JW wedding whenever I hear it! I would love to hear the ?reasoning? that the Bethel would try to provide for this.
If the bible says to love your neighbor as yourself (the second of the 2 greatest commandments) why do we consider our neighbor to evil and not worthy of our association? "bad association" If we are to love our neighbor as ourself and we treat them like this--are we ourselves bad association?
Ask them how many members of the current governing body have continence. I'm curious.
Please ask them "why one of the elders who disfellowshipped me for making out with a sister was able to function for years and years, before-during-and-after my disfellowshipment, as an elder while smoking cigs and carrying on an affair on his wife?"
If Jesus was was impaled with his hands over his head, then why do the Gospels state that the Roman sign was placed over his head?
If Jesus was impaled using one nail, as illustrated in many WT drawings, then why does Thomas say, "That unless I put my finger into the prints of the NAILS...."?
I could go on and on.
How can you trust the WT magazines and other publications, as something that you need to obey and be instructed by, when it is forever changing its instruction? How can trust that the WT is not going to change its instructions again when it has done so over and over again in the past? Why if you began to share information from past WTs would you be considered as an apostate? Why can you can get disfellowhipped for not obeying what is written in the WT when it keeps changing all the time?