When being polite is pathetic

by Brummie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

haven't hit an animal or human, but my hubby came close to hitting a child about 2months ago. he was driving correct speed for road(30) and the child just jummped away from his parents as they were walking. he just went running into the road. My hubby swerved (sp)all over the road to avoid the child and thank God he did. he (my hubby) was so shook up he was crying and the parents had to comfort him. u never think it could happen, but it can.

• Robdar
    Robdar

((((Brummie)))))

Sorry to hear about that. Running over animals is not something easy to shrug off. I hope that Valis doesn't see this thread. His little buddies are hedgehogs and I am afraid that it would bother him a great deal.

I hit a skunk once. It was not a good thing. Funny, although not in the line of fire, I still smelled kinda funky. I bathed in tomato juice and smelled much better.

Rob

• Odrade
    Odrade

kitten, squirrel, field mouse, sparrows. I am a killer.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Orade is a serial killer ~ :>0

~~ @ all these other stories

• Nikita
    Nikita

((((((((((Brummie)))))))))))))) Crying from your story and sensitive heart-as well as everyone else's tales.

I know I hit a chipmunk recently-it just came out too fast for me to stop. My husband was traveling with my daughter once and a car full of her friends when an oncoming car hit a deer but as if that wasn't bad enough for the "eyewitnesses" the deer bounced off of that car and onto our car! Poor girls-it was not a fun traveling experience-for them or for hubby trying to calm them all down for the remainder of the ride home-like another 30 minutes!

Nikita

• Odrade
    Odrade

really, they threw themselves in front of the car... yeah, that's it...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I saw someone run over a squirrel one time, and it made me cry. I did run over a frog one time though, and it made a loud pop, I felt really bad about it, but I think I was more grossed out by the popping sound that it made.

What I really can't handle are the couple times of the year when deer are really numerous near the freeways here in Ohio. I get to the point that I hate driving, because sometimes even driving a short distance on the highway, you will see 2 or 3 run over deer on the side of the road, and sometimes it takes a couple days for them to get picked up by the city.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    , they threw themselves in front of the car... yeah, that's it...

lol and :(

darn they must have felt so depressed to have done that

I did run over a frog one time though, and it made a loud pop, I felt really bad about it, but I think I was more grossed out by the popping sound that it made.

Suicidle popping frogs too huh.

" the deer bounced off of that car and onto our car!

omgaaawd ((((( )))))) x x x I was in PA and the truck infront of us hit a deer, shoulda seen the mess, but the sad thing was a little deer was standing the side of the truck shaking and looking terrified, musta just killed its ma

darn I feel so morbid, joy killer en I.

Brumm

• Robdar
    Robdar

I ran over a rabbit once. It was weird, right before it happened, I had some sort of precognition about it and how blood would be all over my tires. The next instant the rabbit ran in from the side and my back wheels got it. I stopped and checked for damage and sure enough, the blood was splattered in the pattern I had seen in my mind's eye, right before it happened.

I had a young deer hit me once. No kidding. I had just pulled out of my drive and started up the road when, suddenly, there it was coming at me on the driver side. It smacked the car, fell down and kicked. I pulled over, boohooing--thinking I'd killed it, walked over to it and when I touched it, it jumped up and ran off. Scared the crap out of me. I guess it just knocked itself silly when it hit the car. Put a dent in my door that I had to pay to have removed. Damn Bambi. I was glad that it was okay.

Robyn

• Nikita
    Nikita
    but the sad thing was a little deer was standing the side of the truck shaking and looking terrified, musta just killed its ma

OMG that is too sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how wives can be, a few weeks after the "bambi" incident, we were traveling on the road where it happened and since I wasn't there and I have to know all the details, I ask my husband what I thought was a simple question about it. (Our daughter was in the car as well.) He shot daggers from his eyes at me. He was so afraid our daughter would get all upset again and he was probably right! Needless, to say the topic was never brought up again!

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit