When being polite is pathetic

by Brummie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ran over a hedgehog tonight, I wasnt driving but I coulda saved it but I waited too long to tell the driver that the hedgehog was walking towards the car, I saw it, they didnt see it because they were talking and I waited for them to finish their sentence before interupting, then bump, I looked back and saw blood and guts, how stoooooooooopid am I. I was just about to say "watchout hedgehog in road" but hesitated so that the person could finish their sentence...silly fck am I.

Ever run over or hit an animal?

• Brummie
    Brummie

>>>>crys<<<<<

They are too cute to kill....

Click Here for the Housing article

it tasted ok though

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If he was walking toward the car when he was hit, the tire went "with" the grain of his quills, so at least you didn't have a blowout.

A wonderfully kind final gesture on the part of Mr. Hedgehog!

Seriously though, I've been responsible for the demise of a chipmunk in the state of Virginia and a kid's pet dog in Quebec, Canada. I felt terrible afterward for each of them. Both were unavoidable - the animal darted onto the road without warning. With the Quebecois (sp?) dog, his kids were right there, and I think I was more upset than they were, but they only spoke French, and I only parlez Anglais, so I couldn't even tell them how terribly sorry I was. I moved the dog's lifeless body (he got conked on the head by the bumper, and there was no messy "brains splattered all over the road" to contend with) to the side of the road and continued on my muderous way.

The chipmunk was not nearly as "clean" and I won't describe it. It was horrible.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Looks like the hedgehog was politer than me huh :)

I feel bad about it, wished I'd never looked back, my brain is slowing down these days.

Brummie

• kls
    kls

I killed a cat once, it came flying at my truck and i couldn't stop. I felt so bad.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I hope it wasnt related to me :-o

• kls
    kls

I hope it wasnt related to me :-o. Hard to say Brummie, the car behind me really smooshed it.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I hit a baby raccoon once, and it was the most miserable thing to me, as I love raccoons! My husband hit a hawk once in the desert near Big Bend. Terrible tragedy.... <sigh>.

Country Girl

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I ran over a squirrel on my bike once. It was terrible. As I was approaching, I saw the squirrel and after being frozen in fear it darted away, so I thought things were cool. Then suddenly it decided to go the other direction and run straight for where my bike was going....I guess it thought it would cross before I got there. Anyway, there was no time at all to react because it happened so quick and the squirrel changed its direction just before I got to where it was. And so I felt the terrible thump-thump and the most wretched wail from the squirrel. I immediately got off my bike to assist but it darted off to the bushes, presumably to die, and I was unable to find it.

What a way to use my 1914th post....

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

A couple of years ago my buddy was driving a lowered camero. He hit a cat but instead of just running it over, it started to drag it. The cat wound up spinning in the wheel well a couple of times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit