grrrrrrr...I am about to lose it..Re: My Parents

by Valis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sorry about this mate.

This happened to me too. My dub ex went to stay with my parents too. What really got me was the taking down of all the photos of HL and myself's wedding.

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The sweetest revenge is in passing on YOUR standards to the NEXT generation.

Oh, and think seriously about buying some blue face paint and screaming "Freedom". You have a few more days to practice that.
    If that doesn't work, then I'll ship you over a big-ass, further mucker sword, like the ones we saw in the Great Hall in Edinburgh Castle!!! It's guaranteed to get their attention.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Valis,

I hope that one day they'll realise that doing this sort of thing is just NOT going to work and your daughter is NOT going to be part of that cult!

hugs

Sirona

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Valis

I can understand your anger and frustration about this.

When someone plans something behind my back, when they know I would have disaproved of it, then Yes..I get mad too.

Hopefully, you will deal with it appropriately when you get back.

For now, there is not much you can do about it. At least, you'll have time to disipate your anger about it while you are away on vacation and I know you will deal with it when you get home.

Special K

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Oh, and think seriously about buying some blue face paint and screaming "Freedom". You have a few more days to practice that

I love it !!! One of the best movies ever made, just happy I didn't have to fight with a sword or axe.

Valis, Does "the mother of your children" know your feelings on this subject ?? If so you may have a boatload of issues with her. However, calm down and stay that way. Some folks sit around like vultures and wait for you make a verbal mistake, and then they pounce.

Hang tough Buddy. Bug

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

What a load of crap. Sorry about your stupid 'rents Valis. Typical of the unconscious JW mentality where their imagined monopoly on religious truth justifies this sort of ridiculous behavior towards unbelieving relatives/children.

• Valis
    Valis

greetings everyone...thanks much for your replies and support...I sometimes wished we could all have normal families, but then again that would be a pair o' dice on earf now wouldn't it? We've packed a lunch (oh aye and I might add gadge's picknick basket is a looker indeed) and we're off to see more gadget's castles amongst the countryside. ave a great afternoon and cheers mates!

Sincere'y

District overbeer of the "No more tears this morning" class

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Valis)))))

I sure can relate! I've had my share of those sneaky underhanded deals pulled on me over the years. I was divorced too at one time and I had less-than-honest people pulling strings behind my back too. It stinks and DOES make you extremely angry.

I really like Avishai's advice, and if at all possible, try and follow it. When kids are in the picture, it seems that it adds an extra kick in the butt to any unpleasant situation--and people KNOW that! That;s WHY it stinks so much.

My heart is with you and I dearly hope that you can get this straightened out and set some ground rules for the future.

hugs,

Annie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Hey Val - how about we FedEx them a skunk?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Travis)))))

I'm so sorry. I hate manipulative parents. My dad is, but then his mother is, and her father was. I'm hoping to be the one to break the nasty chain. When I was a young girl, my grandmother (non-JW) tried to manipulate seeing me when my father (JW) didn't want her to. One time he caught her sneaking and put his foot down. He said if she EVER wanted to see her grandchild again it would be through him, with his approval. Otherwise, he would never allow her to see me. I realize it's a backwards scenario, but she got the point.

Love you,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit