Nuclear Arms Reportedly Found In Iraq!!!

by minimus 44 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    And if you honestly think he was crazy enough to nuke Israel, is'nt that in itself justification enough to invade?

OUTSTANDING POINT.

Whatever you say, Yerusalim.

See, I knew you'd see things my way.

• JH
    JH

I would have expected them to find chemical weapons. I think that the US gave Iraq chemical weapons back in the Iraq/Iran war.

• TD
    TD

Another UPI story:

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.....

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm

• Robdar
    Robdar
    What????? saddam may be nuts, and evil, etc. But he's not that insane. That would've caused the destruction of Iraq and likely WWIII. And he would've died in a giant fireball. And if you honestly think he was crazy enough to nuke Israel, is'nt that in itself justification enough to invade?

Hi Avi and Yeru,

Avi makes a valid point. But he makes it for the opposing side. You stated Saddam is "not that insane. That would've caused the destruction of Iraq and likely WWIII. And he would've died in a giant fireball." Okay, so, why did we invade Iraq then? By what you posted, you are saying that it was unnecessary because Saddam is not that insane.

If Saddam was not insane enough to unleash WWIII by nuking Israel, he would not have been insane enough to nuke the US either--or unleash WMD because the result would be the same. You are telling us that you think that Saddam was no threat at all so, I must ask you: why did you support the US invasion of Iraq?

Then you turn around and point out that if we

"honestly think he was crazy enough to nuke Israel, is'nt that in itself justification enough to invade?"

No offense meant but your post seems almost like circular reasoning to me.

Robyn

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The Story is garbage. If Saddam had them, why would he not use them when he had the chance? Some right wing propaganda.

Will

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Will,

How do you figure this is "right wing" propoganda. The source is an Iraqi newspaper, and it was picked up by Rueters, which is a VERY LIBERAL news agency.

Rob,

My point, if he thought he'd get away with it he'd nuke us. Personally, I don't believe the story, it's not sourced well, but IF Saddam had nukes, he'd use them IF HE THOUGHT he'd get away with it.

• avishai
    avishai
    No offense meant but your post seems almost like circular reasoning to me

None taken, because that's exactly what it was!!!

Look, I'm not a huge fan of this war, and I don't think it was well thought out. I think, at least, we should have waited for more info, positive or negative.

BUT.....If were going to go after REGIMES that support terrorism, especially blatantly, we had all the reason we needed, WMD's, regime change or other reasons notwithstanding. As I stated in my post of a day or so ago, he was blatantly giving money to support suicide bombers in Israel. $25 grand and up to the family's of suicide bombers. Virtually no different than bombing Israel on a weekly basis.

If he was bombing France, or England, or even China, we'd have been in Iraq LOOONG before. But Israel does'nt matter. It's too much of a hot topic, and too many of the muslim nations that hate us hate them even more. Even some of our allies (france, saudi arabia) hate them. So nothing was done, whether you agree with Israeli politics or not.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    How do you figure this is "right wing" propoganda. The source is an Iraqi newspaper, and it was picked up by Rueters, which is a VERY LIBERAL news agency.

Hey Yeru,

Anything left of Attila the Hun is Liberal to you.

Will

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

UPI is owned by fanatics. They've pretty much ceased to be a credible news source. They and the Murdoch empire are all but propaganda mills...and the other american news outlets aren't much better either.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Will,

Ummm, Rueters, yep liberal news source...sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit