WT 2003 CDROM - User agreement!

by qwerty 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• qwerty
    qwerty

Just borrowed a WTCD from a friend...............

I carn't believe a "non" Profit organisation can do this or rather put restrictions on the the coping of the WT CDROM. Isn't there literature distributed free? Then why is make the copying of the WT Library for the benefit of declaring the "Truth" wrong! After all don't they want everyone to partake in the "water of life freely"?

Look at number 6!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What constitutes proper use?

Watchtower Library has been designed for your personal use. Hence, you may copy, print, or excerpt from the data for your personal use. But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM. Nor may you copy, print, or excerpt from the copyrighted data to prepare and distribute books. Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

2. Who may have a copy of Watchtower Library?

Watchtower Library is a research tool for Jehovah's Witnesses, not for the public or for institutions such as schools or libraries.

3. May I copy the program and data onto my hard disk and then not use the CD-ROM?

Yes, that is possible with this version. Less disk space is involved when you access the data from the CD-ROM itself; however, the speed of some operations is significantly improved if the data is stored on the hard disk.

4. If I personally own several computers, may I copy Watchtower Library and/or its data onto these?

Yes.

5. May I make a duplicate of my CD-ROM as a backup in case I lose or damage my original?

Yes, but this does not refer to duplicating the CD-ROM for others, which would fall outside the realm of personal use.

6. May I write commercial software or utilities that employ the program or data from Watchtower Library?

No. It is not proper to charge for or to receive money from writing or distributing any software that employs the Watchtower Library program, utilities, or data.

Any comments?

Qwerty

• searcher
    searcher

Shame really, I would have loved to get a copy of that, ah well.

• Sirona
    Sirona

1. What constitutes proper use? Watchtower Library has been designed for your personal use. Hence, you may copy, print, or excerpt from the data for your personal use. But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM. Nor may you copy, print, or excerpt from the copyrighted data to prepare and distribute books. Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

LOL Watchtower! How ya gonna stop us?
    2. Who may have a copy of Watchtower Library?
    Watchtower Library is a research tool for Jehovah's Witnesses (AND APOSTATES), not for the public or for institutions such as schools or libraries.

Sirona

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Isn't it their purpose to distribute the good news as widely and freely as possible? If so, why put any restrictions on it at all? The more copies, and the more distribution it gets, the more people they can save.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've tried selling one on Ebay & donating the money to charity, & I get the

constant message: Are you a JW? Do you know you cannot sell this?

JW's are always spying, and the WT says not to use the internet, but these geeks are everywhere

• RR
    RR

I get that all the time. The most hate mail I got was when I sold the disfellowship forms on ebay. I had a stack and sold the form, the envelope and card for about 30 bucks

• Pole
    Pole

The most hate mail I got was when I sold the disfellowship forms on ebay. I had a stack and sold the form, the envelope and card for about 30 bucks

Wow,

I guess that's what they call a "niche market".

Pole

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, I had a good laugh reading those when I installed the 2001 version.

Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

This is lame. Why didn't they write "Pretty please with sugar on top"? Please doesn't always work. It just goes to show that JWs have a difficult time being nasty. To prevent this from happening, they should've wrote "This software is for personal use only. This does not include distributing it freely on the internet. Offenders will be caught and prosecuted."

But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM

But this is an excellent way to mark down placements! Take a random Watchtower issue, start collecting email addresses from the internet, build up a huge address book, and keep on placing Watchtowers just like spammers! Imagine what your monthly report would look like:

Total time: 1 hr.
    Magazine placements: 5400
    Book placements: 5400

• RR
    RR

Yeah, people asking, are you a witness? Where did you get thosse forms, and a few threats! Oh well! I told them, they don't want people knowing that the Society actually does keep records of sins on file, they should buy it.

RR

• avengers
    avengers

Sue me. hahah. lol.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit