My apeal of disfellowshiping letter

by D wiltshire 41 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

There's alot of good advice out there thank you.

I still have my faith in tact. And hope that an JW who read this will understand you don't need an Organization to worship Jehovah. Thats all alot of twisting of scripture.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

After reading my appeal letter I thought I should probably explain a few thing that are in it.
    Although I think most alread know, just in case some may wonder why I mention Baptism in the begining.

The chairman of the committee read to me the 1985 questions for baptism and I guess he was trying to prove that when I was baptized I in effect made a promise to live by the WT rules. But since I was baptized in 1972 that was not true in my case I never got baptized in the name of the Org.

I know that this appeal probably won't work, but it was just another attempt to get these brothers to think like spiritual men, and perhaps some day get them out of mind control.

• jurs
    jurs

BRAVO !!!!!!!
    I loved your including the baptismal questions !!! powerful stuff. when i read the second question about being baptized in the name of the org., it just hit me how wrong that is.

i loved how you sat in the front row .
    David, when you look in the mirror , you'll see a man of courage, who stood up for Truth !!! Jesus didn't cower and hide. I am so proud of you. It takes guts to do what you did, but it feels great , doesn't it ???? It is the most incredible feeling to be able to stand up and speak out. The reward is respect for yourself as well as hopefully helping someone else.
    Take care
    JURS

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Thank JURS,
    I read 2 of your posts and felt encouragement by your stand. The road my be ruff but, if we take itbfor the right reasons it is by far the better road.

God Bless

• alamb
    alamb

I appealed my DF'ing and won. It took three hours of calling in their witnesses and having them contradict each other's stories but it worked. The elders on my original committee eventually couldn't even remember meeting with me! After they dropped the charges I stood up, shook their hands, and told them I wanted nothing to do with them. I disfellowshipped them from myself and walked away.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello D. Wiltshire,

I just want to thank you for the material

of your post. Your experience sound ..so familiar and the

way you wrote it down ...very sad state of affairs having to

deal with some . Very far away from Christ exemple, really

lacking love and emphaty.

Youy are a very courageous person, ... one should have that

kind of attitude when dealing with "scribes and pharisees",

well done! I do like also " a lot of twisting the scriptures".

Greetings J.C.MacHislopp

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

chipster,

You mention in your first post on this topic that you could show me your appeal letter.
    I would like to see it if I may.

Email> [email protected]

• Farkel
    Farkel

alamb,

: After they dropped the charges I stood up, shook their hands, and told them I wanted nothing to do with them. I disfellowshipped them from myself and walked away.

I just LOVE IT! You beat them at their own game! Kudus and high-fives to you!

Farkel

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Just to keep readers of this post informed.

Yesterday I got a call from Bruce Radetich, asking me if the appeal committee could meet with me on monday 7:30pm at Sunnyvale (CA) kingdom hall. I agreed and he said he would get back to me as soon as he was sure all the other brothers could make it at that time. Probably thats a total of 8 brothers ( 5 the first committee and 3? the appeal).

I want to ask them on what basis did they grant me my appeal? Do you think they will tell me or keep it a secret?

Anyone please comment on these questions if you like, and here are some more.

Will they operate as an unbiased committee?

What will be more important to this appeal committee what the Society says or what the Bible says?

Will they have a hidden agenda or will they be careful that pure unadulterated justice is done?

Who will be pulling the strings?

comments anyone?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Boy, I was just rereading my first thread and post a few months ago(this thread). I'm feeling like it would be fun to go to the meetings again just to stir up some gossip among the JW's.
    The CO was there when they announced my DF'n and at the end of the meeting said he wanted to get together with the attendants to discuss with them how to handle some problems(was he refurring to me?) maybe I should go to test the waters?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit