Looking for some advice...

by NKyGuy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

Three days of movies and playing pool at the local pub can even get booring. Got any golf clubs? Man I wish I could have three days away from the rat race killing time..

Oh, that's what I do for a living....

carm

• NKyGuy
    NKyGuy

I suppose I am going to have to come out and just tell her.

Now, the only question is whether I tell her when the kids are around or when they are not around.

As to the suggestion that I try to get the kids to stay with me, I would, if I didn't have to work on that Friday. If I am not going to the convention, I am sure as heck not going to burn a vacation day either.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, your second question is a lot easier. If you expect fireworks,

when they are not around.
  • kls
    kls

Please do not tell her around the children, i made that mistake when telling my husband i was done with it, there was screaming and i was told i was going to die and i was in with satan. Take your wife some place quiet were there are no interuptions and tell her .

I am not saying she will act as stupid as my husband but even if there is no screaming the kids still can sense something is wrong between the two of you.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

How about this:

Say, fine, I want to do things with my family too. Lets' go do things together that weekend, go visit relatives, go to a park....something together. Tell her that sitting in the same row at the convention is being in the same place at the same time, but it is not DOING anything together.

Make sure you tell her that it has nothing to do with your love for her or the kids. In fact, why don't you tell her that you prefer that she leaves the kids with you so that you can do something TOGETHER with them if she feels so compelled to go to the convention herself. In fact, I think you should really plan something. If you have to take a day off from work (most people do if they are going three days) then you want it to not be wasted. I agree with another poster here that says that if you don't go to meetings why on earth would you go to the conventions?

I don't think you should fake being sick. Do you want your kids to think that is acceptable? If you can be too 'sick' to go to the convention, then they can be to 'sick' to do what they don't want to do. You should definately think about suggesting she keep the kids home. I don't know what your relationship is like with your wife, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable for you to TELL her that you have decided you are going to spend the day with your kids, and hope that she will opt to spend it with them. If you are really worried about upsetting her, you could even compromise. Tell her you will sit through ONE day of the convention, but the other two days you want to spend with kids and her, or at least with the kids.

• Confucious
    Confucious

bring a fm radio (walkman). say u can't hear well. most dc broadcast in fm on site. but u can listen yo whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit