Looking for some advice...

by NKyGuy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings NKyGuy,

Peace be with you.

I have not heard "when" you should tell her, but I did hear this which I may share with you. If you honestly feel that you cannot go to the Convention and you truly wish not to attend, then at a time you should come to your wife and tell her what is "true" in your heart as to how you feel. Let her know that you do not wish to attend, remind her of how you have problems with the teachings, and that you still love her and do not wish for there to be an ending of the marriage because of this. Always keep reminding her that you love her and still care for her, but you do not wish to attend the Convention because of how you feel. She may take it well, she may not. Many times if they see you still love them and that you are still a kind person, they may not bring great persecution upon you. I do not know what will transpire, but if you know you cannot attend it is in your best interest that you do not attend. If you do this out of love and let love direct you, things will go for her benefit as well as yours.. spiritually. Rely on the Christ and let his Spirit direct you.

Take care dear brother and have the GREATEST of peace.

Aaron

• avishai
    avishai
    She is constantly saying that it is so hard to do everything alone

Do you help take care of your kids? Do support your family? Do you help around the house?

If so, she is hardly "doing everything alone". I've always hated this phrase when it comes to JW single parents. It makes hard working parents look like lazy bums. They just don't want to attend cult meetings, and it's a bullshit, mean cruel phrase.

• kls
    kls

Look everyone here can say to do this or that but you know your wife and it is up to you how to tell her. You know it will be very hard. Sit her down soon and get it over with for both her sakes, keep giving excuses is not worth it. Many of us have done it and feel free for doing it by not suffering and living a lie

Just get it done and clear your the air of it.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

How far away is the DC? Can you offer to drive them there and pick them up? Sit there part of the DC? Walk around with your youngest during the program? Instead of going there doing all the ground service at home for her? Just successions. Good luck. Lazy

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I THINK CODE BLUE HAD A GOOD PLAN.

I THINK YOU MAY WANT TO DROP THAT "PENCIL IN THE EAR THINGY"

DOES THE CONVENTION SITE HAVE LAWNS AND TREES ETC?

IF IT DOES YOU MIGHT TRY WHAT I DID FOR A FEW YEARS. THE MONENT ONE OF THE KIDS GOT FIDGITY, OUT OF MY CONCERN FOR MY WIFE, I WOULD QUICKLY TAKE THAT ONE FOR A WALK AND TIME ON THE LAWN, SOME GOOFING AROUND. YAKNOW?

THEN IF I (((HAD))) TO RETURN, I WOULD SHORTLY TAKE THE OTHER ONE FOR A WALK.

DON'T WANT THE KIDS DISTURBING ANYONE YAKNOW.

THEN TRY TO LEAVE A LITTLE EARLY SO YOU CAN GET THE KIDS IN THE MOTEL POOL.

YOU KNOW---TRY TO TAKE THE LOAD OFF YOUR WIFE.

WORKED FOR ME. sometimes.

Outoftheorg

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

::First you pull the front of your pants out and check that you are wearing Fruit of Loom underware and then you say::

"Sweetie I'm not going to attend the convention. The reason is that I'm not a hypocrite. Why show up at the convention when I don't go to meetings? I've got some projects planned around the house. Now is there anything I can do to help you? Would you like to leave the kids with me? Kids - do you want to stay home with Dad or go to the convention with Mom?"

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I prefer this method:

Kids - do you want to stay home with Dad, and sleep late, stay up late watching scary movies, eat pizza and ice cream, go to the water park and play video games, or go to the convention?"

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Kids - do you want to stay home with Dad, and sleep late, stay up late watching scary movies, eat pizza and ice cream, go to the water park and play video games, or go to the convention?"

Hell maybe we should all go to Chevy's for the convention - that sounds fun!

( Wait...that's what we do at our house now - hell you can all come here! )

• garybuss
    garybuss

Have a female friend leave messages for you on the family answering machine. Leave credit card receipts for seedy motels where your wife can find them. Smear lipstick on the fly area of a couple pair of your pants. Your wife will forget all about wanting you to go to the assembly.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I prefer this method:

Hell, yeah! Would've worked around my house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit