What do the angels do all day?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

?spirits, witchcraft and religion in general?

This kind of stuff I?m interested in reading myself, though so far I?ve kept more grounded. It?s too hard sometimes to suspend belief.

Naomi

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

"Can a lower form of life, let's say a mosquito or a fly or even an ant, begin to comprehend what humans do all day, all week, all year???!!!"

I kind of like this answer, too.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Naomi

This kind of stuff I?m interested in reading myself, though so far I?ve kept more grounded. It?s too hard sometimes to suspend belief

Being grounded is essential too, you need a balance.

I can recommend some books if you like

Sirona

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

What do angels do all day indeed?

JH,

Never gave this any thought before but it is a good question that deserves more than just making fun of it.

Based upon the scriptural promises for mankind, there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous. In other words good and bad human beings (all sheep) will be permitted to live in the kingdom under Christ, giving many of such bad but not evil persons the time to straighten out in this kingdom and be healed. I also take it that there will be no resurrection for the condemned or goats at that time as their names will not appear in the book of life so as to be resurrected. So the question is how do we know who is who? Where or how is this information being gathered? What is the spirit that returns to God at death?

Whatever the meaning is, be it our memories that will be restored in that new immortal human body that will exist in this Kingdom under Christ or simply that such data on our conduct, our past life is available, something or someone must puts this all together. It will be assembled and will be made known at such time in judgment we know. The angels are in a good position to assemble such information for this purpose. While Christ has this information available to Him this does not mean that it is being gathered personally by Him. Detail is not given in scripture on how this is done other that the fact that not everything is done personally by God. He uses others to do such things for Him just as He used Christ in our behalf. Just the reality of it being done somehow comes through in the text. So there is something to consider besides the fact that the universe may require attention and maintenance as would any machine or system that is intended to operate in an orderly fashion.

Joseph

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

Sirona,

Thanks

I don't know much about religions (other than JW that is), tho I'm developing an almost studious interest in spirituality in general.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I perceive this may have been a serious question. However, my missed-by-many point was that, as a lower form of life, humanity couldn't begin to comprehend the itinerary of angels just like bugs cannot understand our form of life and its complexities.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And furthermore, having stated my comment prior, I truly believe all the literature regarding higher forms of life is pure imagination and speculation. Fiction, if you will.

DY

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

dance on heads of pins

• JH
    JH

Isn't it written somewhere in the bible, that angels are also messengers for God.

All this time I thought that God being "almighty", knew everything...

• Sirona
    Sirona

DY

And furthermore, having stated my comment prior, I truly believe all the literature regarding higher forms of life is pure imagination and speculation. Fiction, if you will.

I don't think its ALL fiction, but I'd concede that much of it is speculation and subjective.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit