Does anyone here believe in Hell as in Hellfire?

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMFAO Ona.. you naughty boy!

• wednesday
    wednesday

u know JWS claim that we are dead to God when they DF us. That is sort of like the "hell" u are talking about ie "seperation from God". The only thing i can understand from the bible is hell is the grave, a place u are" sleeping." as chevy said, people sometimes wish there was a place of torment for people who commit horrible crimes. I suppose death without the hope of resurection could be a "hell".

not long back i did a search for nondemonational churches in this area. It listed beliefs and all that. Only one church said they did not accept the notion of hell. and i could not find any that did not accept the trinity.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment

God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of nether gloom (darkness)

waterless springs and mists driven by a storm; for them the nether gloom of darkness has been reserved........ uttering loud boasts of folly

I think Jws are in hell - the mercy being that they don't know it (kinda)

you traverse sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I do not. However, we'll all soon find out if the JWs were right or not!

DY

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I definitely do not. Its absurd - I don't care what the bible says.

That seems like freakin paradise...

Awww ObviouslySecret ((((hugs)))) Hang is there sweetie! It might get better.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Hell no.

Talking with someone just the other day and hell got mentioned somehow. He says it's a matter of do you want to chance there NOT being a hell. I think that is the feeling of most people. It's just another scare tactic to hold control over people.

If a supreme ruler of all the universe would even ALLOW a burning hell for torturing so obviously screwed up imperfect humans, then he has no right WHATSOEVER of being called a god of love. Period.

(I know I'm gonna burn for that one)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HELL NO - The WTBTS reasoning on this is absolutely correct IMHO - Plato at his worse

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

If I want to read fantasy I usually pull out Tolkien or others, I like their version better. No, hell is a bogeyman to scare adults into conforming with a preset collection of ideas. If you can't control convincing or coersion (sp?) then you might as well reach for the fear. Fear always works.

Sherry

• gina
    gina

Hell-o. I'm not sure. My pastor has described hell as "separation from God." Whatever that is, I'd prefer to spend eternity WITH God.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't believe in heaven either.

However, it is a biblical doctrine. It follows naturally from Canaanite chthonic rituals involving fire, incorporates Persian influence on the role of fire in the judgment and punishment of the dead, and is a critical component to the Pharisee concept of the resurrection....a concept denied by the Sadducees but utilized by the synoptic Jesus and in various places in the NT (such as the Epistle of Jude, which is dependent on 1 Enoch which develops the Jewish concept of hellfire more than any other pre-Christian book).

See my thread on the Jewish concept of Gehenna:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/71230/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit