Does anyone here believe in Hell as in Hellfire?

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Well I'll say it again because someone beat me to it. Hell no! With the bible being available to anyone who wants it, it's just too intellectually lazy to accept someone's notion of a scare tactic. 1 John 4:8 says it best and it makes more sense.

• shamus
    shamus

Isn't this planet like hell?

Nobody here gets out alive.

There is untold suffering around the world, while we type on our computer screens oblivious...

A hellfire? No. Earth is it's own little hell. Thank's to god for making things clear in the bible, too.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Rev. 20:10,14-15 What is that?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Folks, people have a misconception that Hell and Lake of Fire is the same, it's not.

I'll explain why....

First this scripture...

2 Peter 2:4

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

As you can see from this scripture, the Angels are in hell, a dungeon where they will await judgement day. Hell is just like a jailhouse for sinners, angels and man alike, locked up until they have their day in court with God (the judgement day, taking place after the 1000 year millennium of Christ.

After the 1000 year Millennium has come to pass, God will then judge all people, great and small on the Great White Throne of Judgement. Two books will be opened, one is the book about each person's life and the other book is the Lamb's Book of Life which contains names of the saved, those who accepted Christ as Lord and Savior during the time when they were alive. Let's take a look at that.....

Revelation 20:11-13

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

Now the next part gets interesting, read carefully what happens next after this was all said and done....

Revelation 20:14-15

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Note Hell and Hades are of the same Greek translation

Greek word is: hades {hah'-dace}

The defintion of that word is:

2) Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead

3)later use of this word: the grave, death, hell

In Biblical Greek it is associated with Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark and dismal place in the very depths of the earth, the common receptacle of disembodied spirits. Usually Hades is just the abode of the wicked, Lu. 16:23, Rev. 20:13,14; a very uncomfortable place. TDNT.

Now you saw the passage, "death and hades (hell) were thrown in the lake of fire."

Now if Hell and Lake of Fire is of the same thing, then how can a Lake of Fire be thrown into a Lake of Fire??????

Also note that "death" was thrown into the lake of fire, which means death becomes no more. Death will no longer reign supreme over the lives of human beings, which means everyone will live eternity, no one will die, ever again! No one will lose anyone to death ever again! Amen!

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit