Does anyone here believe in Hell as in Hellfire?

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't and assume no one does, but thought I would ask.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YES DEFINITLY.

Its been around 100 fh to 108 fh here in s/w Idaho for several days.

I know armageddon came and went and I missed it and now I am in the inferno.

I been a nice kid too. Know what? There are a lot of jw's down here too.

Outoftheorg.

Oh I guess this is not what you meant. NO no I don't believe in hell. If we as parents did something like that to our childen we would be labeled as insane murderers deserving of death. If there were two witnesses.

God would have to be an insane murderer to do this to his creations. However in the old testament

he does seem a bit murderous, did kill a lot of people.

Outoftheorg

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

mahwahahahahahah.... No!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hell Yes! But I was Df'd and left it nearly 45 years ago! Every friday night, Sunday afternoon and Wednesday evening were pure hell!

carmel

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I really wish I did. I suppose it would make alot of the atrocities that people inflict on other people alot more bearable, if I believed they were 'getting what's coming to them'

• onacruse
    onacruse

When I first met Kate, just outside of Palm Springs, in the fall of 2002; it was 109 degrees, in the shade, at 10 a.m.

That was hell...until I went back into her apartment.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I don't know what I think about "hell"..

If it does exist, I don't think it's a place where you experience eternal physical torture; I just don't think "god" would be that cruel. I've heard some people say that "hell" is actually separation from god. I'm not really sure what that means either, and never really saw scriptures to back up that claim, but I'd except it faster that the eternal torture notion.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

No I don't believe in Hell at all. I do think the witnesses got that right. It just doesn't jive with me.

I do believe in karma a little bit...you know that what goes around comes around? but I know it doesn't work ALL the time...usually just the little stuff.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to sleep at night if I believe in Hell. I remember how unworthy I felt when I had "shamed God" by something stupid I did when I was younger. THAT made it hard enough to sleep sometimes hahah...to put eternal damnation on top of that? How do those poor Born agains sleep? oh wait- once saved always saved..I guess they can sleep at night too hahah.

=)

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

ya once you're saved you can do whatever you want since you are saved. Hell is a weird place. The Apocolypse of Peter that was written like 400 years after the bible was finished really pushed the hell idea cause they talked about fornicators being hanged by their you know what's and different things. All that really pushed the hell idea.

Hell would be interesting in my uneventful life it seems Lol. Wouldn't mind hell all too much. Definately wouldn't mind eternity in the ground. That seems like freakin paradise...

• freedom96
    freedom96

The witnesses are not the only ones who don't believe in hellfire.

I can't believe in a place of eternal torture where one goes if they are "bad." And to be run by Satan. I don't think God and Satan would be "working together" in a place like that.

I too have heard that hell is actually the seperation from God, and I would be much more inclined to think that is what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit