Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-18-04 WT Study (June 1, 2004)

Review comments will be in black and parentheses ()

WT quotes
    will be in red and quotes ""

Quotes from other sources
    will be in blue

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO GIVE GLORY TO GOD

"( All the nations whom you have made will themselves come) , They will bow down before you, O Jehovah, and will give glory to your name."?PSALM 86:9?NWT

You created each nation, and they will all bow down to worship and honor you.?Psalm 86:9 (CEV)

www.biblegateway.com /cgi-bin/bible

Opening Comments

First let?s look at the theme scripture?it?s a snippet. Notice what they left out?that God has made all the nations?.hmmmm.

This purports to be a continuation of last week?s article but it is merely an excuse to harangue the rank and file for not doing enough. They are compared to unreasoning animate creation and inanimate creation that has no choice but to honor God. In this article, Preaching = Giving Glory to God.

Once again the WTS uses an OT example to spur on Christians.

Theme this week: DO MORE, DO MORE.

START OF ARTICLE

Jehovah is worthy of praise from all his creation. While his inanimate creation silently brings him glory, we humans have the ability to reason, to comprehend, to appreciate, and to worship. It is to us, then, that the psalmist says: "Shout in triumph to God, all you people of the earth. Make melody to the glory of his name. Render his praise glorious."?Psalm 66:1,2.

Paragraph 2

The majority of mankind

(humankind) refuse to acknowledge God or to give him glory.

Once again the WTS is demonizing all but 6 million humans. This is saying that the 1 billion people who worship as Christians are not doing so in the way the WTS sees as acceptable.

However, in 235 lands, more than six million Witnesses of Jehovah

(not Christians or witnesses of Jesus)

but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth." ACTS 1:8

. . .and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians. ACTS 11:26

What is "divine providence" according to the WTS?

w00

7/15 p. 26 Persecution Sparks Growth in Antioch

In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the verb used in connection with the new name, generally translated "were called," is always associated with something supernatural, oracular, or divine. Scholars thus render it "to utter an oracle," "divinely intimate," or "to give a divine command or admonition, to teach from heaven." Since Jesus? followers were called Christians "by divine providence," it is possible that Jehovah directed Saul and Barnabas to give the name

Did the WTS think that "divine providence" directed J.F. Rutherford to select a new name for Christ?s followers in 1931?

yb75

pp. 150-151 United States of America (Part Two)

When he was eighty-eight years old A. H. Macmillan attended the "Fruitage of the Spirit" Assembly of Jehovah?s Witnesses in the same city. There, on August 1, 1964, Brother Macmillan made these interesting comments on how the adopting of that name came about:

"It was my privilege to be here in Columbus in 1931 when we received . . . the new title or name . . . I was amongst the five that were to make a comment on what we thought about the idea of accepting that name, and I told them this briefly: I thought that it was a splendid idea because that title there told the world what we were doing and what our business was. Prior to this we were called Bible Students. Why? Because

that?s what we were. And then when other nations began to study with us, we were called International Bible Students. But now we are witnesses for Jehovah God, and that title there tells the public just what we are and what we?re doing. . . .

"In fact,

it was God Almighty, I believe, that led to that, for Brother Rutherford told me himself that he woke up one night when he was preparing for that convention and he said, ?What in the world did I suggest an international convention for when I have no special speech or message for them? Why bring them all here?? And then he began to think about it, and Isaiah 43 came to his mind. He got up at two o?clock in the morning and wrote in shorthand, at his own desk, an outline of the discourse he was going to give about the Kingdom, the hope of the world, and about the new name. And all that was uttered by him at that time was prepared that night, or that morning at two o?clock. And [there is] no doubt in my mind?not then nor now?that the Lord guided him in that, and that is the name Jehovah wants us to bear and we?re very happy and very glad to have it."

Proclaimers Book

chap. 11 p. 152 How We Came to Be Known as Jehovah?s Witnesses

But then, in 1931, we embraced the truly distinctive name Jehovah?s Witnesses. Author Chandler W. Sterling refers to this as "the greatest stroke of genius" on the part of J. F. Rutherford, then president of the Watch Tower Society. As that writer viewed the matter, this was a clever move that not only provided an official name for the group but also made it easy for them to interpret all the Biblical references to "witness" and "witnessing" as applying specifically to Jehovah?s Witnesses. In contrast, A. H. Macmillan, an administrative associate of three presidents of the Watch Tower Society, said concerning that announcement by Brother Rutherford: "There is no doubt in my mind?not then nor now?that

the Lord guided him in that, and that is the name Jehovah wants us to bear, and we?re very happy and very glad to have it." Which viewpoint do the facts support? Was the name ?a stroke of genius? on the part of Brother Rutherford, or was it the result of divine providence?

demonstrate that they see God?s "invisible qualities" through the things he has made and that they have "heard" the silent witness of creation. (Romans 1:20; Psalm 19:2,3) By studying the Bible WT publications, they have come to know and love Jehovah (but not Jesus). Psalm 86:9,10 foretold: "All the nations whom you have made will themselves come, and they will bow down before you, O Jehovah, and will give glory to your name. For you are great and doing wondrous things; you are God, you alone."

Love Jesus?

"If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments; JOHN 14:15

Though YOU never saw him, YOU love him. Though YOU are not looking upon him at present, yet YOU exercise faith in him and are greatly rejoicing with an unspeakable and glorified joy. . . 1 PETER 1:8

Study the Bible or WT publications? It is rare that Bible study without publications from the slave is mentioned.

w03

1/15 p. 15 How Strong Is Your Faith?

Increased faith can result from daily Bible reading and

diligent study of the Scriptures with the help of publications provided through "the faithful steward."

Paragraph 3

Revelation 7:9,15 similarly describes "a great crowd" of worshipers as "rendering [God] sacred service day and night in his temple." It is not that God literally demands nonstop praise from his servants (Jesus? witnesses?), but his worshipers are a global organization. So when it is nighttime in some lands, God?s servants (Christians?) on the other side of the globe are busy witnessing. Thus it can be said that the sun never sets on those bringing glory to Jehovah.

Soon "every breathing thing" will raise its voice in praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 150:6) In the meantime, though, what can we individually do to give glory to God? What challenges might we face? And what blessings await those who give God glory? In answer, let us consider a Bible account regarding the Israelite tribe of Gad (OT example).

An Ancient Challenge (Old Testament Example)

Paragraph 4

Before entering the Promised Land, members of Israel?s tribe of Gad

requested that they be allowed to settle in the cattle country east of the Jordan. (Numbers 32:1-5) Living there would mean coping with serious challenges. The tribes to the west would have the protection of the Jordan Valley?a natural barrier to military invasion. (Joshua 3:13-17) However, concerning the lands east of the Jordan, The Historical Geography of the Holy Land, by George Adam Smith, says: "[They] all roll off, with almost no intervening barrier, upon the great Arabian plateau. Consequently they have exposed in all ages to the invasion of the hungry nomads, some of whom swarm upon them every year for pasture."

See they can provide the source when they want to.

Paragraph 5

How would the tribe of Gad fare under such unrelenting pressure (that they requested)? Centuries earlier, in his death-bed prophecy, their forefather Jacob foretold: "As for Gad, a marauder band will raid him, but he will aid the extreme rear." (Genesis 49:19) At first glance those worlds may seem gloomy. In reality, though they amounted to a command for the Gadites to strike back. Jacob assured them that if they did so, the raiders would make a humiliating retreat, with the Gadites pursuing their extreme rear. (Huh?)

Challenges to Our Worship Today

Paragraph 6

Like the tribe of Gad, Christians (only JWs) today are exposed to the pressures and burdens of Satan?s system;

no miraculous protection spares us from grappling with them. (Job 1:10-12) Many of us must cope with the pressures of attending school (but not the university), making a living, and rearing children. Not to be overlooked are the pressures of a personal or internal kind. Some must endure "a thorn in the flesh" (snippet) in the form of a serious disability (is there a nonserious disability?) or ailment. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10) Others are plagued with feelings of low self-worth (see paragraph 15?"good-for-nothing slaves"). "The calamitous days" of old age may hinder elderly Christians (only JWs) from serving Jehovah with the vigor they once had.?Ecclesiastes 12:1.

Do you know of JWs that think God will protect them personally (or has) from physical danger? In typical fashion, the WTS answers from both sides of its mouth.

Awake 2002

4/8 p. 12 Should Christians Expect Divine Protection?

Should Christians expect God to rescue them miraculously in every case of impending disaster? The Bible record does not support such an expectation.

Of course, Jehovah God could choose to intervene directly in behalf of any of his servants. And if anyone believes that he has escaped harm by divine intervention, he should not be criticized. But when Jehovah chooses not to intervene, it should never be taken as a sign of his displeasure.

Paragraph 7

The apostle Paul reminds us that "we have a wrestling?against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12) We are constantly exposed to "the spirit of the world," the spirit of rebellion and moral corruption that Satan and his demons promote. (1 Corinthians 2:12; Ephesians 2:2,3) Like God-fearing Lot, we today may be distressed by the immoral things that people around us say and do. (2 Peter 2:7) We are also exposed to Satan?s direct attack. Satan is waging war with the remnant of anointed ones (only JWs), "who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus (not Jehovah?)" (Revelation 12:17) Jesus? "other sheep" too experience Satan?s attack in the form of bans and persecutions.?John 10:16.

And we wonder why JWs are obsessed with demonized objects and think the Devil is after them personally. They tried to undo some of it in this article; it didn?t work.

w99

9/1 p. 5 Does the Devil Make Us Sick?

In almost every instance, the only connection between Satan and human illness is the fact that Satan tempted the first human couple, and they fell into sin. He and his demons are not the direct cause of each and every malady. However, Satan is not above trying to influence us to make unwise decisions and compromise our faith, which might result in damage to our health.

Imagining that unseen spirits have a direct influence on every sickness that befalls us is a snare. It may inspire a morbid fear of the spirits. Then, when we become sick, we might be tempted to try to appease the demons instead of keeping far away from them.

Give In Or Fight Back?

Paragraph 8

What should be our response to Satan?s attacks. Like the ancient tribe of Gad (is there no NT example????), we must be spiritually strong and fight back in accord with God?s directions the slave?s directions.

Sad to say, some have

begun to give in under the pressures of life, neglecting their spiritual responsibilities. (Matthew 13:20-22)

One Witness said this

about why meeting attendance in his congregation was low: "The brothers are just getting tired. They?re all stressed out."

Granted, people today have many reasons to be tired. It is, therefore, easy (translation: convenient) to

view God?s worship as another pressure, a burdensome obligation. But is that a healthy?or correct?view?

Show me where in the Bible that Christians must attend 5 hours of meetings a week? Or spend 2 ½ hours a week in the "preaching" work? Meeting attendance is not just low in a few but many congregations. In this area, there are about 20 congregations and I heard from a JW that all of them are experiencing an exodus out the door.

Paragraph 9

Consider what Jesus said to the crowds in his day who were likewise beaten

down by the pressures of life: "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you." Did Jesus suggest that refreshment would come by curtailing one?s service to God? On the contrary, Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls." A yoke is a wooden or metal frame that allows a human or an animal to carry a heavy burden. Why, then, would anyone want to take on such a yoke? Are we not already "loaded down"? Yes, but the Greek text would also read: "Get under my yoke with me." Just think: Jesus offers to help us pull our load! We do not have to do it in our own strength!?Matthew 9:36; 11:28,29, footnote; 2 Corinthians 4:7.

The WTS puts itself between Christ and us. Do they help us pull our load? Or are they like the Pharisees who went beyond the Bible in putting laws and rules on the people? Can you think of some of the WTS "laws"?

Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2

"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. 4 They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. MATTHEW 23:1-4

Paragraph 10

When we take on the yoke of discipleship, we are fighting against Satan. "Oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you," promises James 4:7. This is not to say that doing so is easy. Serving God entails considerable effort. (Luke 13:24) But the Bible makes this promise at Psalm 126:5: "Those sowing seed with tears will reap even with a joyful cry." Yes, we do not worship an ungrateful God. He is "the rewarded of those earnestly seeking him," and he blesses those who give him glory.?Hebrews 11:6.

Whose disciple are we?

Glorifying God as Kingdom Preachers

Paragraph 11

Jesus commanded: "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations." The preaching work is the primary way to offer God "a sacrifice of praise." (Matthew 28:19; Hebrews 13:15) Having our "feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace" is an indispensable part of our "complete suit of armor"?our defense against Satan?s attacks. (Ephesians 6:11-15) Praising God in the field ministry is a fine way to nourish our faith. (2 Corinthians 4:13)

It helps us to keep our minds off negative thoughts. (Philippians 4:8) Sharing in the field ministry allows us to enjoy upbuilding association with fellow worshipers.

Did you know that more than 50% of JWs came into the organization some other way than being contacted at their home? How productive is the door to door work? What about your congregation?

What kind of upbuilding association is there? I regular pioneered for many years and learned not to go with many of these "upbuilding" ones. Why? Because they spent there time tearing others down in the congregation in order to "build" themselves up. Have you sometimes felt that choosing car groups is like choosing up sides for a baseball game in school? Were you one of the last chosen? How did you feel? Perhaps you weren?t even chosen, but left to go out by yourself. Hmmm? Where was the love then?

Paragraph 12

The preaching work can also be a wholesome family activity. To be sure, young ones need balanced recreation. However, time spent as a family in the field ministry does not have to be drudgery. Parents can make it more enjoyable by training their children to be effective in the ministry. Do not young ones tend to enjoy things that they do well? Showing balance, not driving youngsters beyond their limitations, parents can help them to find joy in the ministry.?Genesis 33:13,14.

First, obviously many think it is drudgery or it would not be mentioned by the WTS. Second, ha, training their children, most parents haven?t even read the magazines themselves and prepared a presentation let alone "trained" their children. Third, children hate field service not because they aren?t trained but because they are afraid they will call on a classmate.

Paragraph 13

Additionally, a family that praises God together forges close bonds. Consider
    one sister (can?t find a good example of a brother?) who was abandoned by her unbelieving husband and was left with five children. She thus faced the challenge of entering the work force and providing materially for her children. Was she so overwhelmed that she ignored the spiritual interests of her children? She recalls: "I studied the Bible and Bible publications diligently and tried to apply what I read. I took the children to meetings and in the door-to-door ministry on a regular basis. The results of my efforts? All five children are baptized." A full share in the ministry can likewise help you in your efforts to raise your children "in the discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah."?Ephesians 6:4.

Translation: If a sister with 5 children who has been abandoned by her unbelieving husband can raise her children up all to be baptized, there is NO EXCUSE, for anyone else.

Paragraph 14

Young ones (buzzword), if you live in a land where the law permits it (strange phrase), do you give God glory by witnessing in school, or do you allow fear of man to hold you back? (Proverbs 29:25)

Is it against the law in the US, Canada, UK, or Australia?

A 13-year-old Witness (not Christian?) in Puerto Rico writes: "I have never felt embarrassed to preach in
    school because I know this is the truth. (not very humble are they?). In class I always raise my hand and tell what I have learned from the Bible (I bet they are popular!). If I have free time, I go to the library and read the Young People Ask book."

What a prig!

Has Jehovah blessed her (I thought so, a girl) efforts? She reports: "Sometimes my classmates ask me questions and even ask for a copy of the book." If you have been holding back in this regard, perhaps you need to prove to yourself "the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" by diligent personal study. (Romans 12:2).
    When you are convinced that what you have learned is the truth, you will never be "ashamed of the good news."?Romans 1:16

An ?Open Door? of Service

Paragraph 15

The apostle Paul wrote that "a large door that leads to activity" had been opened to him. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Might your circumstances (buzzword) permit you to enter a door to activity? Engaging in the regular or auxiliary pioneer ministry, for example, involves devoting 70 (100 when I started) or 50 hours (100 when I started) hours a month to the preaching work.

Naturally (buzzword), pioneers are appreciated by fellow Christians (only JWs) for their faithful service (aren?t all JWs serving faithfully regardless of their numbers?).
    But the fact that they spend more time in the ministry does not make them feel superior to their brothers and sisters. Rather, they cultivate the attitude encouraged by Jesus: "We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done."?Luke 17:10

Yes, no low self-esteem in this organization! They just encourage you to think of yourself as a "good for nothing slave."

Paragraph 16

Pioneering requires self-discipline, personal organization, and a willingness to make sacrifices (as if many JWs aren?t making sacrifices just to get in the time they do!). The blessings, though, are well worth it. "Being able to handle God?s Word of truth aright is a real blessing (when is the last time you remember a JW using that phrase in general conversation ?handle God?s Word of truth aright??)," says a young pioneer named Tamika. "When you pioneer, you use the Bible so much (not when everyone is never home and you are doing RVs that are never home). Now when I go from door to door, I can think of scriptures that are appropriate for each householder." (2 Timothy 2:15) Says a pioneer named Mica: "Seeing how the truth (buzzword) affects people?s life is another amazing blessing." A youth named Matthew similarly speaks of the joy of "seeing someone come into the truth (buzzword). No other kind of joy can replace this."

Paragraph 17

Could you consider entering the door to pioneering? Perhaps you would like to do so but feel inadequate (good for nothing slaves?). "I had negative feelings about pioneering," admits a young sister named Kenyatte (do you get the drift that these examples aren?t in the US?). "I didn?t feel capable. I didn?t know how to prepare introductions or reason from the Scriptures (wasn?t she in the Theocratic School?)." However, the elders assigned a mature (in age or experience) pioneer sister to work with her. "It was fun working with her," Kenyatte recalls. "That made me want to pioneer (did she?)." With some encouragement and training, perhaps you too will want to pioneer.

Paragraph 18

Pioneering may open the door to other privileges of service (buzzword). For example, some married couples may qualify for missionary training to be sent out to preach in a foreign land (no single sisters). Missionaries must adapt to a new country, perhaps a new language, a new culture, and new foods. But the blessings make such inconveniences pale into insignificance. Mildred, a veteran missionary in Mexico, says: "I?ve never regretted my decision to become a missionary. It?s something that has been my desire since I was a little girl." What blessings has she enjoyed? "Back home, finding a Bible study was difficult. Here, I have had up to four students at a time starting out in field services."

I might point out that most missionaries leave their assignment because they cannot get along with the other missionaries.

Single sisters cannot get into Gilead. You have to find a pioneer brother with the same goal and get married, then apply in 2 years.

Paragraph 19

Rich blessings also come to those in Bethel service at branch offices of Jehovah?s Witnesses. Sven, a young brother serving in Germany, says of his work at Bethel: "I feel that I am doing something that has lasting value (isn?t what a JW not a Bethel doing of lasting value?). I could have used my skills in the world. But it would have been like depositing money in a bank that is about to go bankrupt (I wonder what he will be saying when he is approaching 55 has been asked to leave Bethel because of downsizing, and has no retirement monies?). True, serving as an unsalaried volunteer involves sacrifice. But Sven says: When you go home, you know that everything you?ve done that day was for Jehovah. And that gives you a ?super? feeling."

I guess what other JWs are doing all day is not for Jehovah.

Paragraph 20

Some brothers have enjoyed the blessings of international service, working on branch construction in foreign lands. One couple (no single sisters may apply) who have served in eight foreign assignments (they must have a few dollars) wrote: "The brothers here are wonderful. It will be a heartbreak to leave?the eighth time our hearts have been ?broken.? What a fantastic experience we?ve had!" Then there is the Ministerial Training School. It offers spiritual training to qualified single brothers (no single sisters may apply; and I think they have to stay single for a period of time after graduation). Wrote one graduate: "I am perplexed as I try to find the way to tank you for such a marvelous school. What other organization (????) would put forth so much effort to give training?"

Paragraph 21

Yes, many doors of activity are open. Granted, most of us are not able to serve at Bethel or in a foreign land. Jesus himself acknowledge that Christians (JWs only) would produce different amounts of "fruit" because of different circumstances (buzzword). (Matthew 13:23) Our challenge as Christians (only JWs), then is to make the most of our situation?to have as full a share (buzz phrase) in Jehovah?s service as our circumstances (buzzword) permit. When we do that, we are giving glory to Jehovah, and we can be assured that he is well pleased (but not the elders or other self-appointed judges in the congregation). Consider Ethel, an elderly sister in a nursing home. She witnesses regularly to fellow residents in her home and engages in telephone witnessing. Despite her limitations (buzzword), she is whole-souled (buzzword) in her service.?Matthew 22:37

Translation: If Ethel can do, there is NO EXCUSE for you.

Paragraph 22

Remember, though, that preaching is just one way in which we bring glory to Jehovah. By being exemplary in our conduct and appearance when we are on our job, in school, and at home, we make Jehovah?s heart rejoice. (Proverbs 27:11) Proverbs 28:20 promises: "A man of faithful acts will get many blessings." We should therefore ?sow bountifully? in our service to God, knowing that we will reap bountiful blessings. (2 Corinthians 9:6). Doing so, it will be our privilege to be alive at that marvelous time when "every breathing thing" will give Jehovah the glory he so richly deserves!?Psalm 150:6.

The last paragraph ends with the proverbial carrot, everlasting life in the paradise earth.

Concluding Comments

So, "some have begun to give in under the pressure of life, neglecting their spiritual responsibilities."

"meeting attendance" is low

"getting tired"

"stressed out"

The response:

DO MORE , DO MORE, DO MORE

Pioneer, Bethel, International Building, MTS

Remember, Ethel the elderly sister in the nursing home, "despite her limitations, she is whole-souled in her service."

Blondie
  • Maverick
    Maverick

Thank you Blondie!

Boy are you right, what a load of guilt ridden bulge water! Have they no shame? They offer nothing of encouragement, everything they state is designed to make the RF feel bad. The witlesses are made to feel like they are not doing enough, are good for nothing, and should be grateful their masters even take the time to try to help them. They are encouraged to compare their efforts with some one armed, half-blind, 85 year old diabetic on a $100 a month pension who places 800 mags and conducts 5 bible studies a month! Good thing God is all powerful because of the shear burden of dealing with all these worthless drones! Mav

• jgnat
    jgnat

Indeed, the article is rich with the language of stress and pressure. Then the article has the audacity to suggest that the the Jehovah's Witness burden is light! What does it take to recognize that if the yoke is too heavy, that they are wearing the wrong yoke, that they are being burdened beyond what Jesus would require of them? Matthew 9:36, 11:28, 29

A graduate of the Ministerial Training School asks, "What other organization would put forth so much effort to give training?" This comment smacks of a sheltered education. There are more missions out there than I can count. God made you a plumber with a desire for missions? No problem! http://www.missionfinder.org/

Also of interest is the history of single women in the missions field. In this regard, other churches are a full century ahead of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

One of the first single American woman missionaries was Betsy Stockton, a freed slave who left for Hawaii in 1823. Over the following decades, many more women were called to the mission field, so that by the early 1900s, women outnumbered men in Protestant missions.

http://www.traveltheroad.com/missions/missionaries/women.php

History of Women and Missions
    http://www.thetravelingteam.org/2000/articles/women.shtml

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Maverick.

Jgnat, I might mention that in the early history of the WTS there were many single women who were missionaries. But as the WTS focused more on "organizing" and training the few native male JWs, less and less sngle women were called. The need was for COs, DOs, and Branch overseers. You will notice that in the LIfe Stories, that quite a few old single women are highlighted who were missionaries back in those days. But now if female JWs want to go, they do at their own expense and they get no training at Gilead.

Blondie

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

In the story about the sister that got all 5 children baptised, they don't say anything about their activity today. I wonder if 4 out of 5 (average is about 70% of JW children are not JWS) of those kids are now DFd and the mother can have no loving contact with them.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Pete,

You have illustrated a typical approach to "experiences" that the WTS uses. My husband has had severl of his edited for public consumpption, leaving the audience with the impression that there was a positive outcome when had not been.

"The rest of the story"

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, blondie, reading the stories of those old pioneers is inspiring.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Blondie: Thanks for your efforts in producing an unabridged comment this week. We missed you last week.

The brothers are just getting tired. They're all stressed out.

Translation: Tired of being feed spiritual gruel at all the meetings. The meetings are boring!!!! The elders are asleep at the podium. I know some who don't study just because the meetings are enough, why go through it twice, when you heard it 1000 times before?

But is that a healthy - correct view?

Yeah, but the GB would never blame themselves. Instead of admitting this, the GB is saying its Satan's fault and use the burden of being a JW to push the R&F harder:

When we take on the yoke of discipleship, we are fighting Satan.

So I'm supposed to knock on doors and sell this gruel to someone else, when it only makes me "tired and stressed out"? Give me something to believe in besides a heap of broken promises and we'll talk.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, as usual, great synopsis!.......One thing I'm noticing is that you are getting angrier and more irritated with the Watchtower, the more you do this.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thanks blondie--good job as usual, but I have to admit I get stessed out reading these articles! the upside of this is that I am SO glad I am not there at the WT study anymore! I remember trying to tell myself these constant reminders must be good for us as I sat fidgeting in my seat, bored to tears as this is the same old same old stuff the WT recycles over and over again.

In the story about the sister that got all 5 children baptised, they don't say anything about their activity today. I wonder if 4 out of 5 (average is about 70% of JW children are not JWS) of those kids are now DFd and the mother can have no loving contact with them.

Yes, I would like to know the real story behind this one. Not long before my exit from the Org there was a Thurs night meeting part about single parents who have successfully raised their children in the "truth." They interviewed a sister (who was not single, but had been married for years to an unbeliever) so guess that qualifies you as being "spiritually single". She had 3 children and she had raised them all up to the point of baptism. Yes, they were all baptized. BUT... One of the sons was marked as bad association because he was living with a worldly woman before they got married. The other son had a mental breakdown has been in the mental hospital a couple of times and is very depressed. He no longer attends meetings and is living with a Dfd relative. The daugther married young to some guy who became a witness just to marry her. He is not into being a witness and they have a lot of problems, expecially with his drinking and all. The sister who they interviewed has some problems herself--very depressed and on medication. She is grieving the fact that she no longer sees her sons...But they used her life as an excellent example of the JW lifestyle! I thought this was very weird, but I guess her story was the best they could come up with in that congo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit