Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44
    You created each nation, and they will all bow down to worship and honor you.?Psalm 86:9 (CEV)

Was watching the Stargate SG-1 episode, "The Lost City, Part 2." In this episode, the Goa'uld "God" Anubis holographically appears before the President of the United States and commands "BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD!" The President refuses, saying "I don't think so", and Anubis says "YOU BRING DESTRUCTION UPON YOURSELVES!"

Is it just me? or is this fictional dialogue of a petty "false god" and the many similar quotations of "bowing down" and "destruction" found in the Bible uncomfortably similar to each other?

Makes one wonder at what level of a powertrip the writers of the Bible were on.

--VM44

• heathen
    heathen

I also notice how these people never say anything about how the WTBTS helped them survive during their trials and tribulations instead what we get is that they provided for themselves and found ways to sell magazines . I still don't think that women have the responsiblity of preaching the message D2D . I don't think children should be required to preach in school or to join the D2D work . It just sounds to me like the slave who beats it's fellow slaves because the master is delaying .

• Tyre
    Tyre
    Sting, Frodo's sword, $199.95. A beautiful piece of workmanship. Glows when Jehovah's Witnesses are near.

or Knocking on your door.

Thanks Blondie.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie---"candy coated crap"----like me?

• blondie
    blondie

Min, not unless you are writing the material in the WT these days.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    By being exemplary in our conduct and appearance when we are on our job, in school, and at home, we make Jehovah’s heart rejoice.

I really hate this statement now. JWs good conduct & appearance makes the WTS's heart rejoice. They want to have a squeaky-clean image. Then, there's http://www.silentlambs.org which is putting an end to that load of crap.

• heathen
    heathen

Nosferatu--- that's a good point . They seem to white wash the org. as well . Mathew 23:27-28.

• minimus
    minimus

I know Blondie. Just kiddin'.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Watchtower, June 1, 2003 Issue, Page 20, Paragraph 11:

"Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds.

COMPARE THAT WITH THIS:

The Watchtower, June 1, 2004 Issue:

We are also exposed to Satan?s direct attack. Satan is waging war with the remnant of anointed ones, "who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus" (Revelation 12:17)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit