If You Could've Remained A JW & Not Be Shunned In Any Way, Would You?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Just like a dog returning to its vomit, the stupid one is repeating his foolishness. PROVERBS 26:11
  • Justin
    Justin

To say that some would still be there if it were not for the harsh policies, so in effect, they're still "in" is to judge them unfairly. Without the rigid control the whole character of the religion would change. If it were "liberalized" (which it won't be), many would attend meetings simply to be with their friends and would feel that going through some sort of ritual (answering questions at meetings?) would be enough. If the average JW could say, as Nathan Knorr is reported as saying shortly before his death, that they believe in Jehovah God, in Christ Jesus, in the resurrection - but this 1914 business they're not sure of - then the JWs would in effect be like other religious groups which do not require a high degree of committment from the membership. But this is not the case now, and it is the organization as it actually is that people feel compelled to leave.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I took the red pill and now I can never go back again. The thought of enduring another WT study at the KH along all the micromanaging of people's lives is just too much for me to bear. Too many lies in a boring wasteland of time.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It was the sunning that set me off against them and it's the shunning policy that keeps me working to their detriment. Before they started to shun me, I was a silent walkaway.

I am glad they started to shun me though. It woke me up and motivated me to do my research on the group. Plus the shunning has been a gift in that it keeps Witnesses away from my family. I plan on insisting it continue.

My current life is much more interesting than being a silent walkaway:-)

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I wouldn't go back for $50 Million Dollars!

Wait a minute, let me think that over!

Nope, it still wouldn't be worth it!

Outaservice

• minimus
    minimus

Ezekiel, it is unbelievable that if 1 minor child gets baptized and another in the same family does not, and both commit a "sin", you can freely talk to the unbaptized one but the other must be shunned...So STUPID!

• Soledad
    Soledad

if that were the case then the JW organization would be the same as any other mainstream religion out there, and I don't know if they are really ready to deal with that. "what, we really aren't God's special people?"

wouldn't that create splinter groups of people who want to continue to believe that they alone have the truth and everyone else is doomed? wouldnt that cause even more extreme group-cohesive behavior among the smaller groups? in essence, would we really be better off if the JWs became mainstream?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I was never baptized so technically they can talk with me, but if they found out my true feelings for their religion, My dad and stepmom would definitely shun me, even if the witnesses didnt shun theres no way I could ever go back to that, their false armageddon prophecies have done enough damge to me and my family, no way in the world I could ever go back.

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, if you were never baptized, why would you want to picket so much vs. the Witnesses?

• RR
    RR

Nope! Being shunned has nothing to do with it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit