If You Could've Remained A JW & Not Be Shunned In Any Way, Would You?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Sorry, but what's the draw in being a BS?

• rocky220
    rocky220

I'm with RR....shunning has nothing to do with it.....How many failed profecies does it take before you realize WT is just making up stuff as it goes along........and finding people dumb or too lazy to do appropriate research before commiting to it.....no, I shun the WT. rocky220

• minimus
    minimus

Rocky, Bible Students are no different in spouting wrong prophecies.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

If I could have remained a JW and not be shunned in any way, yes, I would. How would that have been different from the girls my age who never got baptised and had kids before they left school who are still warmly greeted at the occasional meetings they attend?

If I was as naive about the org as I was when I left I would have opted to stay. But that was 20 years ago. I've learned way too much so in a way the shunning was a blessing.

LadyLee has put it in a nutshell. I was DF'd 10 years ago. If they did not have the Draconian discipline they have for desperately unhappy, confused young people, I have no doubt that I would still be there. And that would have been ten years of contibutions they would have got from me that they haven't. WTBTS's loss is Oxfam and Amnesty's gain. Being DF'd gave me the freedom to find out the facts about the WTBTS, and now I know the truth, I will never go back.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Certainly, at the time of my disfellowshipment for smoking cigs, I would have been ok with it, although I still would most likely have drifted away from "the friends" and the organization anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit