Jehovah's Witnesses really are JERKS

by roybatty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Roy, I am glad you stopped. You did the right thing in asking. What could they charge you with for that? Being a concerned citizen and compassionte human being? Your conscience is clean, but the elder may be troubled with his now.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Probably the JW was on field service. Left his car at the Kingdom Hall, spoke to someone nearby, to start his service time, now was walking to his next call or to meet other JW's for service, 2-3 miles away and counting the time it took to get there.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Not instrinsically.

Our perspectives of each human being (JW or not), are based on so much conditioning: that "jerk driving the BMW just cut me off..." ergo, every BMW driver is a jerk?

imo, JWs, as a "class" (LOL @ that terminology) are not jerks; otoh, the religion to which they have succumbed is a total jerk-off.

Kill the Society, leave the people.

• shamus
    shamus

I always found Jehovahs Witnesses to be extremely self-rightcheous, pretentious, and above all extremely ignorant people. I don't base this observation on just one kingdumb hall... I base this on 7 kingdumb halls that I had assosiated with during my tenure, not to mention visiting other kingdumb halls too.

They have it drilled into they're heads how rightcheous they really are, and how the rest of the world is so wrong, wrong, wrong. If someone, let's say, Mother Teresa dedicates her whole life to helping people, they will still cast her in with satan and his demons... a pretty bold thing to do, considering that the bogus bible that they read from says that they are not to judge anybody.

The whole scene is so toxic it's pretty hard to mistake it.

I had an elder grab me by the arm, squeese, and hiss in my ear "YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR TIME IN ON TIME!". I had elders say horrible things about other people in car groups of other witnesses. I have experienced so much of it it boggles my mind that they can say that they have 'love' amongst themselves, while calling someone bad assosiation for watching the Simpsons. So they won't assosiate with that person because they watch 'the simpsons' yet you need to have friends... so where do you go? The congregation? No no... you're evil for wanting to watch that show. Young people then go out and assosiate with 'worldlies'. Believe me, I've seen this happen. And the young person didn't really care (nor did I). Better friends in 'the world' anyways. (no, they're not all drug dealers and killers... )

Of course there were some extremely nice elders too! They were out numbered, a conservative guess, 4 to 1. The rank and file were worse sometimes.

That elders behavior does not shock me in the least. It's disgusting, but it is wholly believeable and most likely true to a tee.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hey, thanks for the replays everyone. Felt good blowing off some steam.

• Lympicita
    Lympicita

I had a not completly dissimilar thing happen to me.

I work in pharmacy retail, and I had an Elder of the congregation that I used to attend. I was doing my job, being polite, saying "hello" smiling, you got the picture.

So when I had to serve him, not a word. He wouldn't even look at me, just put his stuff on the counter, paid, grunted and left.

Hmm, I had forgotten how insular their little gang can be.

Kaye

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    If someone, let's say, Mother Teresa dedicates her whole life to helping people, they will still cast her in with satan and his demons... a pretty bold thing to do, considering that the bogus bible that they read from says that they are not to judge anybody.

Yeh, this one always bugged me even in the middle of my JW days. There are some truly humanitarian people out there in the world, but JWs don't consider their work because they are not working for the ORG. I have an old non-JW friend who volunteers her time in a women's crisis center helping these who were victims of abuse--she can relate and help as she herself was a victim in the past. She is a mentor and a teacher and a wonderful caring person, but to the Org she is wicked and worthy of death because she belongs to another "Christian" religion that is not JW. If my friend was a JW she would not be doing this work, as it would distract and take her time away from working for the WT real estate investment corp and book publishing co.

now i'm blowing off a bit of steam...

• SAHS
    SAHS
    I had an old friend tell me once, that they thought being a witness brought more out of someone, regardless of if that was good or bad. For example, those with mean, judgemental attitudes will become more so as a witness, and those with a kind attitude would become more so.

That reminds me of what they say about alcohol. People who are gentle and quiet tend to be more so, those who are spontaneous ?lovers? will take advantage of a situation, those who are smart-alec clowns will be more irritating, and the type of people who are aggressive and obnoxious will often fly off the handle and victimize someone?like they are ?drunk? with courage and power.

It?s similar to the JWs. Their petty, hierarchical religion with its Pharisaical mindset is just the thing to give impetus to those who seek to either dominate or to be led by the nose.

?SAHS

• micheal
    micheal

Now doesn't his reaction just want to make you go back. I mean this is your discipline for sinning against jehovah. It serves you right. ( btw total sarcasm ).

• amac
    amac

You really expected him to get in the car with a dead guy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit