Jehovah's Witnesses really are JERKS

by roybatty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ugh.. reminds me when my ex was disfellowshipped.... he was on a country road at dusk and a motorcycle wrecked hurting the biker..... he stops and the next car to go by was his brother and sister in law.. he tried to wave them down for them to go call for help while he stayed with the hurt man but they gave him a hard stare and kept on driving.. good thing the guy just had a busted leg and not life threatening injuries! The next car that came by (good worldly people) stopped and helped my ex get help for the injured man.

i was ENRAGED at the time.. for all his bro knew , my ex was hurt.. could have had any of our 4 kids and they could have been hurt..... but at least their good christian conscience is clean since they did the godly thing and ignored him and went on.

(and yes they did see him, and when confronted just brushed it off and said you know we wont talk to him till he's reinstated)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think the guy is an idiot. I mean turning down a ride at 6:30 in the morning. Under the circumstances he could have taken the ride. Sounds like he was just trying to be a martyr.

Will

• dh
    dh
    Sounds like he was just trying to be a martyr

trying to be a hero more like. you should have backed up and chased him in your car, hahaha, at least he would get there quicker than walking, and he would have less time to count.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Sounds like he was just trying to be a martyr

trying to be a hero more like.

It also sounds like he was just being arrogant and superior to you.

• shamus
    shamus

Gee, that doesn't sound like a typical witness.

(note the sarcasm in my typing.....)

Sounds like about 90 percent of them. 9 percent are baked and 1 percent are nice... because they're delusional.

• Maverick
    Maverick

You did the right thing. You took the high road. He was acting like the god he worships, petty, small and weak. You can only control how you act, not the other person. Remember the good Samaritan? This Nit-Witness acted like one of the Jews, you did not, good for you! Mav

• blondie
    blondie

Maverick, as I was reading down these comments, that's what I thought, they need to re-read the story of the good Samaitan. Well, it confirms that they are the Levite and the Pharisee.

Who is my neighbor?

You must love your neighbor as yourself.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    ugh.. reminds me when my ex was disfellowshipped.... he was on a country road at dusk and a motorcycle wrecked hurting the biker..... he stops and the next car to go by was his brother and sister in law.. he tried to wave them down for them to go call for help while he stayed with the hurt man but they gave him a hard stare and kept on driving.. good thing the guy just had a busted leg and not life threatening injuries! The next car that came by (good worldly people) stopped and helped my ex get help for the injured man.

i was ENRAGED at the time.. for all his bro knew , my ex was hurt.. could have had any of our 4 kids and they could have been hurt..... but at least their good christian conscience is clean since they did the godly thing and ignored him and went on.

(and yes they did see him, and when confronted just brushed it off and said you know we wont talk to him till he's reinstated)

Why does this remind me of the Good Samaritan story? Oh, now I remember... because the hypocritical priest (minister) kept walking right past the injured man.

He musta been waiten on Jehovah for a ride .

Yup, and when Jehover provided him with a ride he refused. Remindes me of a joke....

During heavy flooding caused by La Nina, a priest refused to obey evacuation orders and decided to stay back in town. As the flood waters rose higher, he climbed to the roof of his house and started praying to God for help. After an hour of devout praying, a boat came by. The priest refused the boat crew's help. "God will come to my assistance," he said. And he remained on the roof of his house. After another hour praying, a canoe came by. The priest refused the owner's help. "God will rescue me," he said. And he remained on the roof of his house. After yet another hour of prayer, a helicopter flew by. Yet again, the priest refused help. "God will help me", he said. And again, he remained on the roof of his house. Despite continuous praying, the flood waters rose and the priest eventually drowned in the raging water. In heaven, he met God and asked Him, "Why didn't you help me? I called for help and you didn't answer my prayers!" "Didn't the help arrive? I sent a canoe, a boat, AND a chopper to your rescue!" 
  • JH
    JH

If you were the one needing help, like if you had a flat tire, he and any witness would be aloud to help you, so why is it when you think he needs help, that he just turns around and avoids you....

Once more, they think that they are on top of the world and we are nothing.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am not entirely convinced that these mean people are because of the religion, or that they are just naturally mean. Stopping to help someone in need is an act of kindness. It should have nothing to do with anything else. To turn your back on someone as described and as many of us has seen, is certainly not what what Jesus had intended for people to act like.

I had an old friend tell me once, that they thought being a witness brought more out of someone, regardless of if that was good or bad. For example, those with mean, judgemental attitudes will become more so as a witness, and those with a kind attitude would become more so. Don't know if that is entirely accurate, but interesting for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit