I Just Saw the Movie "The Sting." Again.

by Farkel 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    If you don't have the ability to appreciate Scott Joplin and his subtle syncopation then bite me. If you don't even know what syncopation means, then bite your own toes and consider yourself a total idiot.

Farkel, remind me to send you a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I'm enjoying the piece even as I type this -- you're great!

Nina

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Farkel, Piano Man

I love the Sting. It was a brilliant movie ... well acted by an excellent cast of actors. Your rednition of the music is likewise excellent. I think you would do great in the recording business. Have you considered doing that? Thanks for putting up this post. - Jim W.

• Corvin
    Corvin

syncopation: I know what syncopation means, and what's more, I can even use it in a sentence . . .

(says with latin accent like Aguador Spartigus from The Bird Cage) "I visit to the doctor, and ahead of me were waiting synco pations".

I love The Sting and Scott Joplin. ONe of the best tunes ever written for a movie. Did it not win an award for best something or another?

• wasasister
    wasasister

Corvin: The Scott Joplin "ragtime" music was not written for the movie, it was adapted by Marvin Hamlisch who did a brilliant job - as did our own Farkel - playing it. Joplin was a black composer who died in 1917.

Yes, NPY....we really should chat sometime...I'm not blonde or 25 either, but that doesn't seem to be holding me back much. PM me.

Oh, and bet those toes look terrific!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Finally got to listen to your piece....(it took my slow computer 8 minutes to download)..

Farkel... it was really great. hmmm, was my mind playing tricks on me or did the film "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" use some of that music....it's very familiar. Thanks... btw, your piano sounds fabulous, especially the base.

• Farkel
    Farkel

npy,

: can I get a compliment for $100?

I would be a total jerk to "charge" for compliments. I thought I gave you all of them that existed. Maybe I missed some. How many more do you need and in what areas, my dear friend? No charge!

: I love him to death, and he doesn't appreciate me.

Rubbish. I appreciate you more than even my verbose blovatiating can say.

: I am not skinny and blonde and 25.

Me neither.

: Oh well, all the ones who fit this critique, apply at [email protected]

I tried that site and the only response I got was from Rosie O'Grady. She's not my type and she lied on the application. She asked me if I had a sister, and I thought she wanted to get to know my family better. I was right, but for all the wrong reasons.

Farkel

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Am I invisible, or is it just my typing?

• talesin
    talesin

Tks for sharing, Farkel. ;)

Double Edge

No, he tends to do that, forget about those he doesn't KNOW.

HELLO!

Luv ya guy, but you know, it means something to folks to be acknowledged.

One of my pet peeves, DE, actually. :D

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Talesin...

No problem. It's been that way ever since I came to this board. I would only take it personal if I was the only one. I'll just chant my slogan: "Whatever".... Thanks

He still plays a "mean" piano.

• talesin
    talesin

Well, my friend, that has been my experience as well, then I realized that people respond to their friends ... it's not a personal insult, although it's hard to take!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit