I Just Saw the Movie "The Sting." Again.

by Farkel 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yep. It is a great movie. And I just remembered that I played and recorded probably the most difficult Scott Joplin rag he wrote. This rag is a keystone part of that 1973 movie. I put it up here whenever (some time ago), but I put it up here again for the new ones. If you don't have the ability to appreciate Scott Joplin and his subtle syncopation then bite me. If you don't even know what syncopation means, then bite your own toes and consider yourself a total idiot.

http://www.bizwebgroup.com/lp/Solace.wma

Enjoy, for those who know what good music is all about.

Farkel, redux

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

< biting toes >

I just had a pedicure...not bad!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: < biting toes >

: I just had a pedicure...not bad!

Which was not bad: the pedicure or my music?

Farkel of the "don't anyone mess with my feet CLASS" They are and will continue to be ugly. As feet are by their very nature.

No amount of paint can make feet or toes other than really, really ugly.

You use them to walk with. They can never be pretty, but they are really handy when one needs to walk.

Farkel

• wasasister
    wasasister

You don't know what it means when a woman "bites her toes"??? Jezus, why don't you two just get it on already?? All this foreplay can't be good for you.

Oh and the Joplin is superb.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Farkel, Farkel, Farkel.........

You know you gave me that CD..and I LOVE your music. <Petting your head and ego>

and my feet look good...can I get a compliment for $100?

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Wasasister,

LOL

Farkel and I are more like the big brother little sister thingy. I love him to death, and he doesn't appreciate me. I am not skinny and blonde and 25. Oh well, all the ones who fit this critique, apply at [email protected]

I think you are cool wasa..someday we will meet.

Farkel...

Lil sis

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

syn·co·pa·tion
    Function: noun

1 : a temporary displacement of the regular metrical accent in music caused typically by stressing the weak beat
    2 : a syncopated rhythm, passage, or dance step

I've loved Joplin since I too first saw "The Sting" way back when. I use to own some 8-track tapes of his music when I went to college (I know, it dates me....whatever).

Here's a pretty good website that has a lot of Joplin Midi files if anyone wants to hear some great Ragtime...

http://www.trachtman.org/ragtime/

• blondie
    blondie

Farkel, this is how I discovered Joplin. I made my piano teacher add some of his rags to my lesson even though my teacher was a classical kind of guy. He was so enthralled that he started learning his work too and adding some to his performing repetoire.

I have all his sheet music and play some every week in spite of my infirmity.

Blondie

• franklin J
    franklin J

I also discovered Joplin through this movie ( a long time ago). The term "syncopation" is probably only known by musicians ( I studied clarinet and sax for 6 years); others would have no occasion to know of it.

Coincidently, I could not sleep 2 nites ago and got up at 3:00AM, the movie "The Sting" was just coming on a cable channel and I watched it and enjoyed it.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    If you don't have the ability to appreciate Scott Joplin and his subtle syncopation then bite me. If you don't even know what syncopation means, then bite your own toes and consider yourself a total idiot.

Don't sugar coat it!

Hey I think you missed a syncopation in the 3rd Costanza

ps - I was really surprised when he stood up in the end, the first and second time I saw the movie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit