Do you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God?

by desib77 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• franklin J
    franklin J

No.

no more than I believe the Koran; or the Egyptian book of the dead or the Bagad Davita or Greek Mythology.

At least the Greek mythology was fun reading.

• Larry
    Larry

I suggest Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason (particularly part II). This is the first thing I read that really opened my eyes of understanding.

http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/Paine/AOR-Frame.html

• logical
    logical

The Word of God is NOT a book!

John 1:1, John 1:14, Revelation 19:13 all say that Christ is the Word.

Do I believe if the scriptures are inspired of God? Yes I do. Do I beleive the bible is? DEFINITELY not.

I dont think there are any accurate scriptures left now. They have all been tainted and corrupted by evil men with their own agenda's and hide behind their god and religion to carry it out. The bible is a collection of historical stories, myths and scripture purposely collated to control humanity and strike the fear of their god into people. This was true before Christ came, and is even more so now.

The basic message is still there amongst all the poison, but dont bother following the bible to the letter as that is dangerous.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I would if someone could explain why by bible chronology says man is only 6,000 years old, and yet we have found human remains well over 30,000 years old.

Doesn't jive.

Bryan

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Yeah Bryan I was wondering along those same lines also. No where in the bible does it speak of dinosaurs or cavemen. I don't believe Adam/Eve were cave people but scientific evidence gives proof that they existed, so where do they actually fit into this timelime after adam/eve??? or somewhere before adam/eve???

• bebu
    bebu

Hey Pole,

Good point... but as far as I have understood it, certain CELLS do not get replaced, but within even these cells all the MOLECULES do get replaced. I think that cells in ovaries are also not replaced, btw.

bebu

• Mulan
    Mulan

Absolutely not.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have good things in it.

So do Dr. Phil's books.................doesn't make them from god.

I suggest Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason (particularly part II). This is the first thing I read that really opened my eyes of understanding.
    Agreed. I read it three years ago, and then read another similar book. Too much evidence to keep believing it was something it wasn't. Thomas Paine's book was pretty outdated (over 200 years old) and the Dead Sea Scrolls had been found afterwards, but even with that, he had a lot of facts that made you think. It also made me realize what the thinking of the founding fathers may have been, since TP was close to Benjamin Franklin.
  • minimus
    minimus

I don't know what I believe.

• JCanon
    JCanon

I believe the Bible is inspired as long as you exclude three books not quoted from by the NT Bible Writers, which are not inspired: Esther, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon.

JC

• JH
    JH

Yes, I believe that the bible is God's word. But it has been tampered with throughout the years. Just put a comma at the wrong place, and you have a new religion putting emphasis on something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit